Subject: EU shipping? VAT? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody (or Lance) know how the shipping to EU and VAT will be handled? I am very interested in this game, but I am afraid that all the cost together will be too high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
Does anybody (or Lance) know how the shipping to EU and VAT will be handled? I am very interested in this game, but I am afraid that all the cost together will be too high.

Shipping is all going to be done by Amazon, except for the stretch goals which I am mailing separately. I do not know how each country works for customs on board game shipments, so I cannot answer that question. I do know that for international 6-packs I will have to split each shipment up into two 3-packs, so that might help with customs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thebrainy wrote:
I do know that for international 6-packs I will have to split each shipment up into two 3-packs, so that might help with customs.
Actually that just sours the deal. A major incentive to a multi-pack was that each pack can only have one lot of import duty charged. If it's split into two, both could have, doubling the total additional cost.

This is bad news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, splitting the shipment is not good news at all - unless your Amazon fulfilment is done within the EU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
thebrainy wrote:
I do know that for international 6-packs I will have to split each shipment up into two 3-packs, so that might help with customs.
Actually that just sours the deal. A major incentive to a multi-pack was that each pack can only have one lot of import duty charged. If it's split into two, both could have, doubling the total additional cost.

This is bad news.

Unfortunately, Amazon does not allow what they call "oversized units" to be shipped from their US warehouses internationally. Oversized packages are over certain sizes and weights, with the restriction being the problem is:

"Standard-Size Unit is any packaged Unit that is 20 lb or less with its longest side 18 inches or less, its shortest side 8 inches or less, and its median side 14 inches or less. A Unit exceeding any of these dimensions is Oversize."

The eight inches or less for the shortest size would be vertical for Kings of Israel which would be three copies in a single box. I am unable to group them into a single box using Amazon and using any other route would greatly increase the shipping cost of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
If it's split into two, both could have, doubling the total additional cost.

Not to mention the doubling of the handling charge (which I resent even more than the import duty). Is there any way that you can fulfil using Amazon from within the EU? Many projects are now using EU fulfilment by Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
Wulf Corbett wrote:
If it's split into two, both could have, doubling the total additional cost.

Not to mention the doubling of the handling charge (which I resent even more than the import duty). Is there any way that you can fulfil using Amazon from within the EU? Many projects are now using EU fulfilment by Amazon.

I did look into it a bit but it raised logistic and financial questions that I did not have answers to. One thing I don't want to try to attempt to do is to add more complexity than a first time publisher should take on and then not be able to fulfill the promises I made to my backers in the time I stated. I don't want Kings of Israel to become Glory to Rome 2.

If the breaking up of orders causes anyone to change their mind about backing Kings of Israel, I completely understand if they want to cancel their pledge. I want to answer every question I get, as soon as I get it, and make sure everyone knows as much as I do about any issues that come up in case that changes their desire to Kickstart my game. I don't want anyone to feel that they were misled by anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the reply. I understand that for a beginning designer it is very important to be sure that you can deliver what you promised.

I am currently on the fence whether to back or not. The game looks amazingly unique (despite the Pandemic resemblance). I actually thought before that Pandemic would deserve better theme than just fight with germs.
But I am also afraid that VAT will make this very costly.
But the game is cool and I wish Lance luck and blessing with this (and hopefully) upcoming projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If delivery has to be split into 2 packs of 3, is it possible to send the two packs to separate addresses? There are 3 of us in Lanarkshire Gamers in the UK 6-pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
If delivery has to be split into 2 packs of 3, is it possible to send the two packs to separate addresses? There are 3 of us in Lanarkshire Gamers in the UK 6-pack.

That would be fine with me if it makes it easier for your group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
That's another option for other nations that cannot find six people to get together for the bulk order. If two nations can each get three people together, and arrange payment for the order among each other, then I can split the order up between those locations. I should update the FAQ on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebrainy wrote:
Wulf Corbett wrote:

That would be a great compromise. Wulf could take care of the Lanarkshire Gamers and I will handle the distribution of the other copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that livens up the deal again. Not only would we no longer have to pay UK internal postage, but we'd only be liable for the charges on our bundle if it was stopped.

On the downside, though, if there are charges, we'd only be able to split them 3 ways instead of 6, but I think the overall situation balances out more or less...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear that splitting the shipment up makes the situation at least a little better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
thebrainy wrote:
Wulf Corbett wrote:

That would be a great compromise. Wulf could take care of the Lanarkshire Gamers and I will handle the distribution of the other copies.

Yes, it could help a bit even in our (Czech Republic) situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.