Subject: CBS delivers apology for cheesy 60 minutes piece on Benghazi rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It turns out that the 60 Minutes piece on Benghazi that was posted a few weeks back was relying on some shoddy story that turned out to be fabricated.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/10/60-minutes-apology-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
It turns out that the 60 Minutes piece on Benghazi that was posted a few weeks back was relying on some shoddy story that turned out to be fabricated.

now if only Obama or Clinton would apologize for Benghazi , then we would have some progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not, as the Obama haters would just make up more shit to complain about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jonb wrote:

now if only Obama or Clinton would apologize for Benghazi , then we would have some progress.

You can do better than that, Jeremy. What you should be implying is that liberal media bias by the parent company has caused them to issue an apology for a report which was perfectly fine, and anyway, if it wasn't, it was at least as good as the news reporting on something that made conservatives look bad, so, really, they're just hypocrites we shouldn't bother listening to, anyway. It's best if you don't make any of those claims too specific, of course, and you'll need to rely on innuendo rather than verifiable claims, otherwise someone will come along and mess things up with so-called "facts".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
You can do better than that, Jeremy.

I was watching a movie that made fun of Islam and got upset and angry which caused me to post that. Allegedly ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guy goes on 60 Minutes. Tells story. Story doesn't match the one he gave to his employer in a debriefing immediately following the attack. Story also doesn't match statement provided to the FBI when investigating the attack. Obama administration "got" to CBS.

There's a hell of a chain of logic for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:
Guy goes on 60 Minutes. Tells story. Story doesn't match the one he gave to his employer in a debriefing immediately following the attack. Story also doesn't match statement provided to the FBI when investigating the attack. Obama administration "got" to CBS.

There's a hell of a chain of logic for you.

I think it's testament to BJ's mastery of the art of trolling that even the regulars can't tell the difference between his jokes and his serious posts. Poe's Law needs a bjlillo sub-section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm certain that BJ will apologize for posting that crap about 60 minutes a few weeks ago, and then trying to convince us it was all true.

He's a stand up guy, so you can count on a mea culpa at any moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude you must be living in an alternate universe if you believe that's going to happen anytime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
Dude you must be living in an alternate universe if you believe that's going to happen anytime soon.

An alternate universe with the thickly-cushioned luxury of seats available even in soft Corinthian leather??

I'm THERE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I'm sorry you guys

Thanks, BJ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
So Obama got to CBS too? Weak.

Even better effect of the BJ/Poe's Law problem: When BJ's jokes turn into Drew's serious posts. This made me spit coffee on my keyboard I was laughing so hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

I'm certain that BJ will apologize for posting that crap about 60 minutes a few weeks ago, and then trying to convince us it was all true.

Even granting the story was bogus, how does BJ owe an apology? Do you post an apology every time you're wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Even granting the story was bogus, how does BJ owe an apology? Do you post an apology every time you're wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
It turns out that [CBS] was relying on some shoddy story that turned out to be fabricated.

They're kind of getting a reputation for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Being wrong and posting bold faced lies are two entirely different things. Nearly all of the Obama 'scandals' are completely fabricated by political opponents of the President and then repeated by esteemed RSP'ers like BJ and Drew.

Besides, the one time I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
Nearly all of the Obama 'scandals' are completely fabricated

The guys at the NSA are going to get a laugh out of that one !

Oh , wait.... that scandal was probably fabricated as well.

the only Benghazi "scandal" is nobody seems to care.

Quote:
1. The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission.

Well that's true
Quote:
2. The changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video

Well that is true as well
Quote:
3. The refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack

and again, still true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb

Man I feel sorry that ambassador to Benghazi. He was a true-blue Obama supporter and paid for his beliefs with his life--sacrificed on the alter political damage control. They even lied over his coffin--still ranting about youtube videos and spontaneous rioting and never mind the date the attack occurred on. The rest of us are only stuck trying to pay for very expensive free healthcare.

Perhaps the marines should change their slogan to...

Semper Fi Maybe! (It all depends on how the Commander-in-Chief's political advisors want to spin things.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

Odd how so many of us picked up on the fact it may not have been true, but then what do we know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Sorry, as much as you Obama-lickers want an excuse for Benghazi, one guy making up stuff about his role there does not negate what actually happened.
No, but it does rather undermine any claims based upon what he said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:
jonb wrote:
It turns out that [CBS] was relying on some shoddy story that turned out to be fabricated.

They're kind of getting a reputation for that.
Sadly too typical of all the news media.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Being wrong and posting bold faced lies are two entirely different things. Nearly all of the Obama 'scandals' are completely fabricated by political opponents of the President and then repeated by esteemed RSP'ers like BJ and Drew.

Besides, the one time I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken.

:p
In BJ's defense exasperating a lie does not make you a lard, an idiot maybe (or at the very least uncritical of stories that fit your world view) but not a liar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
49xjohn wrote:
Nearly all of the Obama 'scandals' are completely fabricated

The guys at the NSA are going to get a laugh out of that one !

Oh , wait.... that scandal was probably fabricated as well.

the only Benghazi "scandal" is nobody seems to care.

Quote:
1. The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission.

Well that's true
The ambassador was offered extra protection, it was refused by him
Quote:

Quote:
2. The changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video

Well that is true as well

the CIA's Office of Terrorism Analysis came to in the initial draft of the much-ballyhooed talking points on the attack: They reported that the attacks had been "spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo" -- protests triggered by the video -- and committed by "Islamic militants with ties to al Qa'ida." The latter point was removed from later drafts in order to avoid interfering with the ongoing investigation into the perpetrators, but every version of the talking points stated that the attacks had been "inspired by the protests," and thus the video. In fact, CIA director David Petraeus criticized the final version of the talking points for not doing enough to link the attacks to the protests.
Quote:

Quote:
3. The refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack

and again, still true.
Why is that relevant (indeed this could be he very definition of a 'fabricated scandal, making an issue out of somethings totally irrelevant).?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.