Popular Tags: [View All]
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
How can I record wins? Are comments the only option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you record a play there is an option "More..." and from there you can add players. One of the options for players is to mark who won. Unfortunately there is no reporting possible for wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok, thank you.
I think it is the only possible solution BGG can offer. For me it is rather unhandy.
Because sometimes I am playing with people I don't know I just need an indicator if I won or if I lost. So additionally to the green "hook" a red "x" would be nice.
Otherwise I have to add at least "me" and "others" and have to make a "hook" for others if someone else has won.
This is not so good to get an quick overview about my games.

Other question:
What does the options "New" and "Rating" mean? "New" if someone plays the first time with me? For what is the "Don't Count Win Stats"? Are these statistics recorded anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe 'new' and 'rating' have no official use, but, I use 'new' to indicate that the player is new to the game.

Similarly there doesn't seem to be any official use for 'won' and 'don't record win stats'.

Perhaps the next version of the site, which is apparently under construction, will make use of these features.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
I believe 'new' and 'rating' have no official use, but, I use 'new' to indicate that the player is new to the game.

Similarly there doesn't seem to be any official use for 'won' and 'don't record win stats'.

Perhaps the next version of the site, which is apparently under construction, will make use of these features.

Rating is probably for people who play tournament games, like Chess, where you get an official rating. It would be a way to signify if you are playing a very good player or a weaker one.

The site redesign was put on hold I believe... I don't think there are any plans to use these for anything anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
The site redesign was put on hold I believe...

Huh? Cite, please? (If just for BGG.con, sure; but long-term?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
The site redesign was put on hold I believe...

Huh? Cite, please? (If just for BGG.con, sure; but long-term?)

It was mentioned by Aldie some months ago in some thread. Don't remember which one.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11265759#11265759

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.