Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marie-Claude Whitty
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My boyfriend and I played Bremerhaven yesterday for the first time.

My boyfriend won the bid for the Bank building (G10). The rule of the card says: The bank produces 20% of interest from the general supply and the interests are added to the deposit and they generate compound interests also.

So, he won the bid around the first third of the game and put 35 money on it. By the end of the game (let's say 6-7 turns after), that building alone gave him more than 100 money. (I will point out that at that point in the game, I also had enough money to put around 35 on the bank if I did win it instead of him). Even though I managed to get 6 more prestige points that him, he just got away with the victory with around 1950 points and I only got 1349 points.

As soon as he got the bank, I knew he would win because I think it is almost impossible to earn as much money as he did every turn by the main mechanics of the game (import/export).

I feel that this building should be modified. Maybe add a maximum of money someone can put on it, or a maximum of turn or interest you can receive or maybe even taking this building out of the game?

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had the same experience with this building?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Bithalver
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same experience here. Bank produces way too much gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Fonseca
msg tools
Haven't been able to put this game on the table but already played a solo game of it. And got the bank on turn 3 and obviously I built it and in the end I had a lot of dough stashed away on it and made me think about not using it when I do get to play the game with other people.
One minor complaint I have about this game is that it lacks variety when it comes to the buildings as there isn't a lot of them, but even so I think I prefer to have one less building and avoid giving the person that gets to build the bank a clear advantage over everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Pfeffer
Austria
Wien
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can only put money into the bank once. If you put 35 in there for 7 turns, you get 7x7 = 50. that's good but not broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bank money adds up exponentially.

Time Deposit
0 35
1 42 (+7)
2 50 (+8)
3 60 (+10)
4 72 (+12)
5 86 (+14)
6 103 (+17)
7 123 (+20)

After 7 rounds, you'd end up with an extra 88 money! You'd almost quadruple your initial deposit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
see this:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1240338/bank-should-we-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:

That thread doesn't offer a clear solution as well?

Did the designer already comment on this? Would like to hear his opinion about the bank.
Robert Auerochs
Germany
Nuremberg - Nürnberg
flag msg tools
designer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Oog
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As it says on the card you cannot access the money deposited, and you only use this money for paying taxes etc, would you actually include this money in the bank within your final money figure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.