Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to be pretty unclear how many tracks there are available on Mush Mush.

duchamp wrote:

Well, you still have 19 different tracks coming with the game,

I don't see how you count up to 19?

Maybe we can find out together, what's true.

There are 9 tracks + a spur start variation for 4 of them explicitly mentioned in the rules, that makes 13.
Plus you can do any track in reverse direction, which makes a total of 26.

So there's 26 track possibilities given in the rules, right? Or did I get sth. wrong?

Then there's also the possibility to make a long track on the Lamont Highland, similar to that mentioned for the Fragor alps, by going all the way back to the starting place.
As you have the spur variation for the start and for the finish then, this makes 4 different routes, and 8 if you add reverse direction variant.

So, as a conclusion, I counted:

- 8 basic short tracks
- 2 basic long tracks (1 not mentioned in the rules, wonder why?)

with spur variation you get to:
- 12 short tracks
- 5 long tracks

with reverse variation the total amount adds up to:
- 34 tracks

I didn't find any further possible tracks available, which are not in the rules except that one long track (+ spur varations) in the Lamont Highlands, and except a few possibilities for very very short tracks in the Lamont Highlands, which you could finish within 2-3 moves and which I wouldn't regard as serious options. I counted 3 of those ultra-short tracks + reverse variation making it 6. Thus we would have 40 total tracks (30 of which are on Lamont Highlands)

Please correct if I'm wrong and if there are more extra tracks which I didn't find.

(What is possible of course is to add finish lines whre they are not printed on the board. Thus you could make some medium-long length tracks (which would be basically the long tracks where you cut off the last part whick leads back to the start), as I suggested already in the "tracks reviewed" thread.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the quote was just a first, quick calculation, adding the 8 basic tracks and the "round track" as number 9, doubling them for their reverse direction.
You are absolutely correct, that there will be many more! For example, I didn`t count the "extra starting spur" as additional 8 tracks - it is just an addition, IMO. But no problem, as long as there are enough ways to play around ... cool

It would be nice to make a kind of competition, or at least a nice geeklist of "the best new tracks" on a Mush! Mush! board - complete with spaces for trees and buildings. What is the weirdest & hardest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:

It would be nice to make a kind of competition, or at least a nice geeklist of "the best new tracks" on a Mush! Mush! board - complete with spaces for trees and buildings. What is the weirdest & hardest?

That sounds like a great idea !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:

I'll order another 50 trees first for that ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Lamont
Scotland
Dunblane
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:

(What is possible of course is to add finish lines whre they are not printed on the board. Thus you could make some medium-long length tracks (which would be basically the long tracks where you cut off the last part whick leads back to the start), as I suggested already in the "tracks reviewed" thread.)

If there is a demand, I can easily produce a stand alone start/finish line that you can print off and put onto the board?

cheers,
Fraser
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dicemanjnr wrote:

If there is a demand, I can easily produce a stand alone start/finish line that you can print off and put onto the board?

cheers,
Fraser

I would like that, if it's not too mush work ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.