Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
50 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Wolf of the Week #185: meet Vanderscamp! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Saracco
Italy
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
So, after my looong week, I am ready to present you the next wolf of the week.

I want to present you a player who can wake up in the middle of the night in order to make lynch time and help the village, one who often gets called for being UTR while he's just sleeping, a great player from Down Under:

here you have Vanderscamp!

Vanderscamp wrote:
First off, I'd like to thank Saraxsr for nominating me to be the next wolf of the week!

Anyway...

I'm Graeme, and I'm 20 years old.
I grew up in California, and moved to Australia at the start of high school, where my family is originally from. Last year I was living in Germany on exchange for a year, which was pretty chilled.
Right now I'm finishing first year university in Melbourne, studying computer science and astrophysics.

I found BGG last year: I was looking for The Resistance, and found a PBF in progress. I signed up for the next one and got hooked, and found the werewolf forums sometime later. I've probably been playing werewolf for almost ten years, it and resistance are probably my favorite games.


I'm actually not a huge board game person, my involvement in BGG is pretty much exclusively for hidden loyalty PBFs.
My favorite games are anything with a good level of interaction... Playing social games that everyone else enjoys is the most important.
Most of the games I've played recently have been pretty well-known ones, like 7 Wonders and Arkham Horror, although I haven't played them very frequently.

There's a group of friends that gets together to play new games, after exams are finished (soon) hopefully we'll have time to play more often.

I did used to play a fair amount of Magic The Gathering and old school computer games (Lemmings, Glider, etc) but not so much these days. I still play DotA pretty often though.


My main hobby right now is poker, online and live, which I spend a lot of time on (probably too much). I started playing seriously in Germany, when I had a lot of free time to learn new hobbies.

I used to play a lot of sports, but have kind of stopped that now... I try to run still but am too lazy to do it regularly.
I also enjoy music, I should include that.
I play a few instruments, but don't take it very seriously.


Quiz
Which is the lie?
- I have (briefly) traveled to somewhere in every continent except Antarctica
-I wanted to go to Austria last year but didn't because I would be forced to do social service
-I avoided eating (most) meat for one year
    30 answers
Quiz created by Saraxsr


ninja A note about the poll.
The poll forced me into putting a "correct"answer. Since I do not know the correct answer, I put in "0", resulting in all answers being counted as wrong answers.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Saracco
Italy
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
And my first question: why Vanderscamp?

Secondly: when in Germany did you have time to visit some places around Europe? If yes, where have you been? What did you like? What did you not like?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Saracco
Italy
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
ninja

Vander did not give me the 2T1L... I just posted the thread. I will update the initial post as soon as he gives me the 2T1L...

ninja

Edit: poll added!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Saraxsr wrote:
And my first question: why Vanderscamp?

Secondly: when in Germany did you have time to visit some places around Europe? If yes, where have you been? What did you like? What did you not like?

I picked up Vanderscamp a couple years ago, not really any good reason other than just liking the name. I think it originally comes from a short story.

Last year I travelled around Germany a bunch, and I also managed to check out some of France, Italy, Switzerland, and Denmark. The cities I remember seeing were Lyon, Rome, and Florence. They were all really nice, but my favorite place was the Alps. I had a great time exploring the mountains.

I definitely didn't travel as much as I would have liked though.


I liked how cheap everything was in Germany, but I didn't like the culture as much: hard to describe, but I just found Australia and the US friendlier in comparison.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Vandy!

Do you like frozen fish? What do you like on your fish sandwich?

What is your favorite brand of baked beans?

DO you like to camp? Where is your favorite location for this?
Tell us your favorite anecdotes about you camping (or out in nature story if you don't camp)

Have you ever owned a van? What was your favorite owned vehicle in life?

What is your favorite ice cream?

favorite cartoon(s) from your childhood?

Favorite sitcom/tv comedy ? why?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonFox wrote:
Congrats Vandy!

Do you like frozen fish? What do you like on your fish sandwich?

What is your favorite brand of baked beans?

DO you like to camp? Where is your favorite location for this?
Tell us your favorite anecdotes about you camping (or out in nature story if you don't camp)

Have you ever owned a van? What was your favorite owned vehicle in life?

What is your favorite ice cream?

favorite cartoon(s) from your childhood?

Favorite sitcom/tv comedy ? why?

I'm not a huge fish fan... If I had a fish sandwich I would want chilli sauce on it.

Favorite bean brand, I guess Heinz.

I don't go camping that often anymore, but I used to a lot in California, in the Foothills in San Jose: this would be my favorite place to camp, although I can't remember any interesting stories... Just memories of having a good time.

I've never owned a vehicle except a bike, not sure that counts

I like ice creams with lots of weird stuff in it, Ben and Jerry's is great.

Spongebob is probably my favorite cartoon from my childhood, and my favorite comedy right now is Community, although I haven't watched the newer seasons.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

First, do you know
Atomic Era
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A friend in need is a friend indeed
badge
An enemy in need is hilarious
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
? He is the best.

Second, are you more pleased to be good or evil in werewolf?

Third, do you enjoy the sound of your speaking voice? singing voice?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bluelise wrote:
Congratulations!

First, do you know
Atomic Era
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A friend in need is a friend indeed
badge
An enemy in need is hilarious
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
? He is the best.

Second, are you more pleased to be good or evil in werewolf?

Third, do you enjoy the sound of your speaking voice? singing voice?

I haven't met SuperChutney! But he's probably a cool guy.

I think I like being evil more, but being good can be less stressful.

I don't mind my speaking voice, but I don't sing
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lasse Sumborg
Denmark
Odense M
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Favorite Spider-Man villain?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats VANDER!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb



CONGRATS!!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LaSJ wrote:
Favorite Spider-Man villain?


I've only seen the movies, but: James Franco's character, because he and I are both from Palo Alto.

If that counts
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Top 3 community episodes! GO!

Mine are:

3. Intermediate to Documentary Filmmaking
2. Studies in Modern Movement
1. Cooperative Calligraphy
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonFox wrote:
Top 3 community episodes! GO!

Mine are:

3. Intermediate to Documentary Filmmaking
2. Studies in Modern Movement
1. Cooperative Calligraphy

Studies in Modern Movement is probably my #1, good choice!

I find it pretty hard to rank this stuff though: there are too many good ones.

Can I be lame and not answer?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:
Top 3 community episodes! GO!

Mine are:

3. Intermediate to Documentary Filmmaking
2. Studies in Modern Movement
1. Cooperative Calligraphy

Studies in Modern Movement is probably my #1, good choice!

I find it pretty hard to rank this stuff though: there are too many good ones.

Can I be lame and not answer?

It's so hard to choose favorites.

I've only watched up until the 3rd season though: how are the later episodes?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smooth Tongue Bar-steward
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What are your three favorite scenes in Community?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:
Top 3 community episodes! GO!

Mine are:

3. Intermediate to Documentary Filmmaking
2. Studies in Modern Movement
1. Cooperative Calligraphy

Studies in Modern Movement is probably my #1, good choice!

I find it pretty hard to rank this stuff though: there are too many good ones.

Can I be lame and not answer?

It's so hard to choose favorites.

I've only watched up until the 3rd season though: how are the later episodes?


it's easiest if you just pretend community only had 3 season


and no you must answer although you do not have to rank them. Your 3 favorites please


And did you know that when it snows my eyes become wide?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrads VC!

What is your favorite Phillip K Dick story?

Also where is your icon from?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RCSparrow wrote:
What are your three favorite scenes in Community?

More favorites

Idk...
One I like that I saw recently was with Troy and Abed and that pizza delivery guy, while Leonard was playing bass. That was cool.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonFox wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:
Top 3 community episodes! GO!

Mine are:

3. Intermediate to Documentary Filmmaking
2. Studies in Modern Movement
1. Cooperative Calligraphy

Studies in Modern Movement is probably my #1, good choice!

I find it pretty hard to rank this stuff though: there are too many good ones.

Can I be lame and not answer?

It's so hard to choose favorites.

I've only watched up until the 3rd season though: how are the later episodes?


it's easiest if you just pretend community only had 3 season


and no you must answer although you do not have to rank them. Your 3 favorites please


And did you know that when it snows my eyes become wide?

Okay, I'll go with that one, Remedial Chaos Theory, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.
That might change after watching other episodes though.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natsume wrote:
Congrads VC!

What is your favorite Phillip K Dick story?

Also where is your icon from?

What do you mean by icon?

Favorite PKD story... These questions are crazy hard.

I would probably choose "Colony" out of all of them, but I think there are no wrong answers to that question. They're all so good...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
Natsume wrote:
Congrads VC!

What is your favorite Phillip K Dick story?

Also where is your icon from?

What do you mean by icon?

Favorite PKD story... These questions are crazy hard.

I would probably choose "Colony" out of all of them, but I think there are no wrong answers to that question. They're all so good...


Lol I sometimes call Avatar's Icons!

It is hard to pick just one. I love his short stories more than his novels. One of my fav ones is Pay for the Printer and The Eyes Have It always makes me laugh so much.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, scamp!

What is(or what you think would be) your favorite WW role to play on BGG?
What's your favorite role to play elsewhere?

If there was a WW role called Vanderscamp, what would it be like?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What makes The Resistance: Avalon better than The Resistance?
Coup?
Two Rooms and a Boom?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natsume wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
Natsume wrote:
Congrads VC!

What is your favorite Phillip K Dick story?

Also where is your icon from?

What do you mean by icon?

Favorite PKD story... These questions are crazy hard.

I would probably choose "Colony" out of all of them, but I think there are no wrong answers to that question. They're all so good...


Lol I sometimes call Avatar's Icons!

It is hard to pick just one. I love his short stories more than his novels. One of my fav ones is Pay for the Printer and The Eyes Have It always makes me laugh so much.

Those are great

The Eyes Have It is one of the first I read.


When I made my BGG account, I wanted an image that looked kind of like this one, so I searched google images... I'm not totally sure where this one came from originally, and I can't seem to find it now.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.