Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen this multiple posts about people use teleports to get rid of restraining effects such as quicksand and tanglevine. I do not see anything in the rules that says that the condition doesn't come with you and you are still stuck in the quicksand at the new location. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conjurations stay in the zone they are summoned in.

Teleport targets just the creature. So they are effectively removed from the conjuration that remains behind.

I hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you are looking for is on page 16 of the v2.0 rulebook:
rulebook wrote:
A few conjurations target an object instead. These spells are attached to the target object, and move with it if it is moved. If the arget object is destroyed or teleports away, the conjuration is removed and destroyed. An object may never have multiple conjurations with the same name attached to it.

Thus, if the object simply moved, or was moved, to a different zone, the conjuration would actually travel with it (not a possibility with either tanglevine or quicksand). However, teleport is specified as removing and thereby destroying the conjuration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok missed that part. What about the stuck condition as given by pit trap ? Does a teleport get you out of that too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, teleport removes stuck as well.
Codex wrote:
If this creature is Teleported, destroy all Stuck conditions on it.

I would recommend downloading the combined codex available here on boardgamegeek: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/82910/printable-codex-fmvw...

It provides a handy reference without having to flip through every expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How odd... So if you force pushed a creature out of quicksand, the sand pit would travel with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
How odd... So if you force pushed a creature out of quicksand, the sand pit would travel with it?

IIRC Quicksand adds the Unmovable trait to the creature so Push Spells or Snatch effects do not work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wtcannonjr wrote:
MrMT wrote:

IIRC Quicksand adds the Unmovable trait to the creature so Push Spells or Snatch effects do not work.

Aha - that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.