Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Captain Picard’s Personal log, Stardate 111013.6:

My temporary assignment to the USS Defiant to lead a relief force to AR-558 has met with great success. Our forces were able to easily rout the dominion forces on the planet despite a large fleet of Romulan separatists who arrived in the system with similar goals. Although outnumbered, ship and crew performed admirably, destroying all opposing vessels without a single friendly loss. As a side note, it would appear the rumors of odd temporal activity in this area are false as no one of the Defiant, Ch’Tang nor Apnex reported anything out of the ordinary.

Captain Picard’s Personal log, Stardate 111013.7:

As I drift helplessly within the cramped confines of a Defiant escape pod I cannot shake the feeling that I have been here before. Not precisely, as in the case of De’javu, but more in generalities. I would like to blame it on the rumors of temporal phenomenon in the area but in truth I think myself merely distraught after the events of the day. After arriving in the system to relive AR-558 we found a dominion force of Klingon separatists opposing us. After beaming down soldiers and supplies to the planet we came about to engage the enemy which outnumbered us 5 to 3.

A special commendation must be awarded to the Ch’Tang which, after the Defiant and Apnex had been destroyed, swung about to face down two Ktingas and a Bird of Prey single handedly. I hope great songs are sung in the crews honor, of which none survived. In the end I must take full responsibility for the loss of not only the entire force under my command but of the planet as well as none of the garrison remains.

Captain Picard’s personal log, Stardate 111013.8:

I have dispatched a report to temporal investigations detailing our accounts in the AR-558 system. There can be no mistake that the Defiant, Ch’Tang, and the late Apnex have been caught in some sort of temporal loop. However, as I could see no obvious cause for the loop I saw little choice but to continue with our mission to reinforce AR-558. I regret to say our relief forces were overwhelmed and destroyed as the Dominion too, brought a fleet into the system. Although outnumbered 5 to 3, our forces managed to eliminate the entire group which consisted mostly of Klingon separatists and a single captured Defiant class vessel.

A commendation is recommended for the crew of the Apnex who, after cleverly placing cloaking mines on the far side of the planet, flew into the midst of the enemy fleet and ejected her warp core. This maneuver destroyed the small science vessel but also captured Defiant class vessel as well. The Ch’tang and Defiant were able to easily mop up the remnants. It is my hope that, with the enemy fleet completely wiped out that another relief force will be able to dislodge the dominion forces now alone on AR-558

NOTE: I went 2 and 1 but controlled the planet once for a total of 3 wins. Good enough for third place in our group of 6. I was able to try some unorthodox tactics and learned a great deal. Had a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt k
msg tools
What was your exact build, if I may ask? Nice report style by the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
USS Defiant
Picard
Quantum Torpedo
Scotty

Ch'Tang
Nu'Daq
Adv Wep Sys (AWS on the Ch'Tang is a deadly combo)
Synon (Didn't use her at all)

RIS Apnex
Sar
Cloaked mines (Did not face mine spam as expected, only one opponent had any at all)

Elite Attack Die (Took this for the planet but used it more with ship to ship combat)

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
A special commendation must be awarded to the Ch’Tang which, after the Defiant and Apnex had been destroyed, swung about to face down two Ktingas and a Bird of Prey single handedly.

One Ktinga and 2 Birds of Prey actually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dawe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love your report style, very creative, but your stardates are not correct. The siege of AR-558 took place in 2375, placing the stardate somewhere between 52081.2 to 52861.3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slagurth wrote:
I love your report style, very creative, but your stardates are not correct. The siege of AR-558 took place in 2375, placing the stardate somewhere between 52081.2 to 52861.3.

I almost didn't include stardates since I knew no consistent way to represent them.

As a side note, despite all of the complaints about the Defiant I found it a hardy little ship. Scotty is a must for healing shields and boosting attack but its maneuverability is great. I would happily bring her to battle again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.