Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I finally picked this up, and for the $14.00 I paid for it I'm a tad underwhelmed. Perhaps if I'd grabbed it on Clearance, but since I paid full price at Target--an exclusive--I am left feeling meh.

First off, I really like the Villain game play complete with bluffing, ie. deceit and treachery. I also like the relatively simplistic Hero play as well. It's fine. So, the game isn't without its positive attributes.

Sadly, I wanted more villains. Four heroes and two villains just doesn't scream Justice League worhty to me. I think I'd have liked this better as a Bat-franchise tie-in (replace Superman, Green Lantern, and Flash with Bat characters like Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl) instead of selling it as a Batman/Joker Justice League game. If this is going to be a League effort--somehow without Wonder Woman--then this needs more than two villains. Justice League seems to kick in when the problem is more than one hero can handle solo and Batman can typically take down Luthor and Joker in a swoop. He's Batman!

So, thematically I have problems with this game.

The game play is fast as described.

The custom dice are nicer than Army vs Aliens but perhaps not as cool as Dino Hunt Dice or Zombie Dice. They're serviceable.

The cup is plasticy to the point of feeling softer than it really is but it is fine. The two faced head is nice. This does include a lid so it is truly a portable small game.

This is a 8+ age group for fast play. It serves as that. It is a nice family game for super hero fans, but it is not one I would recommend to all parents trying to find dice games for children. Better examples exist within the same age range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.