Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
1/ Do the Explosives Bullets, Blessed Bullets, and Toscano Cigar bonuses apply to all characters or just the one using the item?

2/ Can the Bipod be used outside of Brighell's activation? For example, if Captain Terror uses his order on Brighell's Ditch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Cremona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Just the one using them

2. No. The cap's order are instant: fire. Move or assault. Cure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
Just to be sure... These captain's orders are at disposal just once per night, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Cremona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Wöhrl
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys!

I really love CZ so far, but it bothers me how unclear some descriptions on the item cards are.

During last nights game our Lady Columbine found the Crystal Sphere item pretty early into the game.
My question is: How is this item meant to use?
How often can it be used during the day?
Does it cost a Day Action?
What does "Nightmare Card" mean in that special case? Only the Sunken/Event of the day Cards,or any Nightmare Card drawn during the day (search actions etc.)?
Using it literally every time a Nightmare Card is drawn seems awfully overpowered to me. I even feel like cheating when I use it to redraw a Sunken and Event Card in during the same day phase.

Thx for your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Wöhrl
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BUMP

Please, somebody reply cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shanchenko
Ukraine
Krasnoarmeisk
Donetskaya oblast
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm forced to agree with you, Dave For some descriptions on the item cards are VERY unclear. But let's try to think logically... As an example i would compare Colombina's "Crystall Ball" with Pantaleone's "Spingarda". Both item's aren't disposable and doesnt have any limitations about using them (like "cross" or "Golden moon" or something) so characters can use them EACH hour. Spingarda is weapon with just "Blue moon" symbol and can be used ONCE per each Night-hour during his owner's (Pantaleone) activation. So i think Colombina can use her "Ball" with symbol of 'Sun" in almost the same way with only 2 exeptions: 1. This is a "day" item, and 2. She can activate it not only during HER activation, but at any moment of current day-hour. And ONLY once per hour in addition to her normal action.
At example Cpt. Terror draws a "wrong" card trying to find a boat. The time is pressing, so Colombina uses "Crystall Ball" to cancel this card and make captain to draw another one, which he HAVE TO resolve. No success again. Colombina turn her ball-card face down to indicate that it's already used THIS HOUR. But at the start of new day she turn it face-up and can use again in same way. Something like this i guess...
Personally I would play it this way untill developers find time to specify the question (and a LOT'S of others as well)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andryccio wrote:
As an example i would compare Colombina's "Crystall Ball" with Pantaleone's "Spingarda".

Err ... Sorry, Andrew, but the Spingarda is in the deck of Doc Pestilence, not Pantalion ; besides, it's a normal weapon : Doc can (and should) use it each time he makes a Fire action, in lieu of its 'old guns', so it is not comparable to the Crystal ball ... But maybe you were thinking about a different item ?

Andryccio wrote:
Personally I would play it this way untill developers find time to specify the question (and a LOT'S of others as well)

Well, several years after your post, the answer is clearly NO , so the best way to solve this inaccuracy (and several others) is to create your own house-rule (the one that seems the more logical and balanced to you) .

For example, here's my house rule about the crystal ball :
A crystal ball is used to predict the future, so for example if Lady Colombine want to search somewhere, she'll know in advance that in this building there will be an infected waiting for her, so she can decide to search elsewhere (draw another card) .
● she can thus use it during the day when one of any member's (including herself) actions instructs you to draw a nightmare card to determine a random outcome .
● she cannot use it more than 1 time per day hour (too tiring to focus her mind like that to be able to start again immediately) .
● she cannot use it for the Event nightmare card draw at the start of the day (she have no control over these 'external' meta-factors) .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.