Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As an owner of the first printing of the base game, I'm kind of scrambling to find a way to buy the Portal printing of the expansion. I tried emailing Portal, but have yet to get a response. I might be too late to get the preorder from Essen special they have listed on their website.

I'm fine paying the additional shipping fees.

Does anyone know where I can get this? I don't want to preorder through Funagain, because it looks like they are waiting for the Z-Man version.

Anyone got any leads?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Allen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameSurplus has the Portal edition in stock for $39.95.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
radbachpad wrote:
GameSurplus has the Portal edition in stock for $39.95.

SWEET! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Portal edition compatible with the Z-Man edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there are just slight inconsistencies with card sizes. Most people don't care because they sleeve their cards, but I am vehemently opposed to sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wu
United States
Walnut
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The portal edition cards are wider than the Z-man edition. If you were using FFG green sleeves they would fit fine with the Z-man edition but wouldn't fit the expansion portal edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NICK WATKINS
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
with sleeves can the portal cards(euro) fit into the mayday sleeves?
or is it a completely different size.
I hear its larger, by how much?
will I need two different card sleev types?
or are they only micorscopic bigger and fit into the same sleeves?

I have the zman game and who knows when they are publishing the expansion (usual time is feb mar 2014)
as its not on their current list of titles to be in the us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jean
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Portal basegame and expansion and I use Mayday black backed euro sleeves for event and actions (building/gathering/exploration) cards and Mayday clear chimera for everyting else. If those fit Zman cards, then you're good to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: I'm still waiting for my preordered Beagle to arrive, but this photo seems to illustrate the issue:

Not sure how sleeving will solve the problem. It would have done if card thickness was the only issue, but the cards are also different sizes requiring 2 sizes of sleeves.

It would seem that while FFG green sleeves fit the zman base game FFG silver will be needed for the portal expansion.

Putting all the cards in FFG silver sleeves doesn't seem very practical for shuffling, as many of the cards will be too small for this size.

As many people will be mixing sets from different publishers, it would be great if someone would sell conversion decks of event cards.

I would be interested to hear how people who are mixing sets from zman and portal are dealing with this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FFG Purple sleeves work just fine for all event cards. I own the Zman Base and the Portal expansion and the purple sleeves work like a charm. They are slightly wider and longer than the cards but not too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wu
United States
Walnut
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the idea. Do you remember how many packs to get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivix
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hrage wrote:
Thanks for the idea. Do you remember how many packs to get?

You will need 4 packs. 2 for the event cards, and 2 for the adventure cards (you need to sleeve those too since you will be shuffling some in with the events).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.