Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
56 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: How can I prohibit that the whole world can look in my played games here on BGG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not even all BGG users also nonmembers can look in my played games. I don't want to show anybody with whom and where I played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
Not even all BGG users also nonmembers can look in my played games. I don't want to show anybody with who and where I played.

Don't record your plays on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it is a closed network here like facebook. I want to record it for myself and not for the whole world.
So no privacy here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, where is the proclaimed privacy on BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
I thought it is a closed network here like facebook. I want to record it for myself and not for the whole world.
So no privacy here?

Nope. This is a public forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
So no privacy here?

You think that there is privacy on Facebook? You must be new to the internet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You appear to only ever play games on my Birthday.

I am honoured!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
I record my plays but not with who and where. Would that solve the problem? Or why not make an account that isn't tied to your personal info. You could be Bob Smith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greame Johnston
United Kingdom
East Grinstead
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
Not even all BGG users also nonmembers can look in my played games. I don't want to show anybody with whom and where I played.

Why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could create a geeklist and keep it private. Not sure of the functionality of the "played games" (I don't use it) so might require some manual work depending on what you want recorded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
I record my plays but not with who and where. Would that solve the problem? Or why not make an account that isn't tied to your personal info. You could be Bob Smith.

It looks like he/she has already done that! I doubt "vorname nachname" is a real name!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greamejohnston wrote:
kackarschen wrote:

Why not?

There are many reasons why someone may not want this public. For instance, if I was interviewing a prospective employee and found out he rated Eclipse a 1 he would never have a chance.

Or, if he had told his wife he was working late but she saw he logged a play of Twilight Imperium it could cost him his marriage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
greamejohnston wrote:
kackarschen wrote:
Why not?
There are many reasons why someone may not want this public. For instance, if I was interviewing a prospective employee and found out he rated Eclipse a 1 he would never have a chance.

Or, if he had told his wife he was working late but she saw he logged a play of Twilight Imperium it could cost him his marriage.

Honey, what's Busen Memo... and why did you record 17 plays of it yesterday?

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmbmb
If its privacy you want your on the wrong planet. The NSA front office (google) have got you covered on the internet and they have you monitored on all your electronic communications. Best bet is to record your play details on paper. Make sure that when you write it you are not outside as that overhead satellite or unmanned drone will be taking snapshots. I'm just having you on. Youve got nothing to fear they are not interested in you unless you are a threat to national security or you disagree with your government.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
hatemachine wrote:
kackarschen wrote:
Not even all BGG users also nonmembers can look in my played games. I don't want to show anybody with who and where I played.

Don't record your plays on BGG.

Do you want to be helpfull or just want to badger? If so, better say nothing.

I am not new to the internet and in Germany we are more concerned about the NSA than in the US I think.
I know in facebook there is no real privacy, all my messages are saved on big computers.
But at least I can keep my pictures hidden for the normal public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I cannot repliy to fast to everybody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want privacy, don't put it on the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
You appear to only ever play games on my Birthday.

I am honoured!

I was the one coming out of the cake with the boardgame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:

Fact is, just by posting this question in the forums, you just significantly increased the likelihood that anyone will care what you've played lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
greamejohnston wrote:
kackarschen wrote:

Why not?

Thank you! I have no special reason to hide it, but I just don't want it.

Am I the only one who is concerned about it?

If you are all so loose with your privacy, why don't you open all your pictures for the whole facebook community?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
If you are all so loose with your privacy, why don't you open all your pictures for the whole facebook community?

How do you know that we don't already do that? Have you been spying on us through Facebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
kackarschen wrote:

Fact is, just by posting this question in the forums, you just significantly increased the likelihood that anyone will care what you've played lately.

Pandora's box is opened.

I will write my comments in German.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
hatemachine wrote:
kackarschen wrote:

How do you know that we don't already do that? Have you been spying on us through Facebook?

haha devilninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Syvanis wrote:

It looks like he/she has already done that! I doubt "vorname nachname" is a real name!

That's racist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowman wrote:
If its privacy you want your on the wrong planet. The NSA front office (google) have got you covered on the internet and they have you monitored on all your electronic communications. Best bet is to record your play details on paper. Make sure that when you write it you are not outside as that overhead satellite or unmanned drone will be taking snapshots. I'm just having you on. Youve got nothing to fear they are not interested in you unless you are a threat to national security or you disagree with your government.

Your ISP knows more about you than Google does and if the Kiwi ISPs are like the U.S. ISPs, law enforcement has a direct line to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.