Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Hoover
United States
Edwards AFB
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought this game and have not really haven't had a chance to look over it. If I mix the cards from this game with the base would I be hurting anything? Are these cards specific to the what if story of the expansion itself or are they just more of the same. (Outside of the new character cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Each card is numbered in the corner, with the expansion notated. You should remove expansion cards if you are not using the expansion.

There are 2 Shadow Character Event Cards with the number 17. The unnotated 17 is only replaced by the 17* when you are playing with the expansion, otherwise don't include the 17*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few cards that you can mix in to the base game without playing the expansion. You can include Wind from the West, Every Little is a Gain, Rangers of the North, The Gates are Closed, Captain of Despair, Shadow of Dol Guldur, and Madness and Horror. All the other cards refer to expansion-specific elements.

You don't really gain much by adding the cards other than a little variety. But, if you want to include them, you can include that list and leave out the other cards. Or you could just leave them all in for simplicity, then discard and draw a new card if you draw one that refers to the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.