Paul Newby
England
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all.

I have updated the PDF rulebook with all the FAQ content as of today 11.11.13. Same font, colour scheme, etc. as the original rulebook.
I have included the "I'm generally unclear about a lot of things. Can you help?" section on the back page of the rulebook alongside the reference sheet.

I want to make sure that if I can upload it I have all relevant permissions before hand. Does anyone have any advice at all on how I would go about seeking this permission? I realise that if permission is denied, I'll just use the updated rulebook for my self, but thought it would be pretty good if I could share the love...

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure Paizo is working on exactly what you have made, so not sure they will want an unofficial version floating around.

I'd guess just emailing them or a post on the official forums would be quickest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newby
England
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks for the advice. I emailed them directly to ask if they'd mind me releasing it pending them releasing the official updated PDF version...

I did say I realise how busy they were - intimating it might be a while before they do release an updated version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised how long it's taking them. Any chance you could send me a copy for my personal use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
I'm surprised how long it's taking them. Any chance you could send me a copy for my personal use?

Seconded!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samson The Dragon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great to have an updated version. Is it possible to mail it to me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newby
England
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind emailing it out to anyone who wants it - but please bear with me until tomorrow night. I want to give Paizo at least 24 hours to reply...

When I email it out tomorrow night, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love an email too. Another option is to upload to google docs and post the link to it on this page. Then your not posting the file but sharing access to your file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Post please! This would be extremely helpful when playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to ask for their permission to do so, the simplest way to begin that would be to go to the paizo forums and post there that you've created one using the same scheme, etc, and then ask if you're allowed to post it here with the knowledge that when the official one is released, you can remove it so people don't get them confused.

Most likely, either Vic or Mike will want you to send them a copy so they can look over it first before giving the permission, but don't send a copy unless they ask for it, otherwise it might be considered spam.

Also, keep in mind, that since it is a copyrighted product, that they do have the ability to take any ideas from it to add to theirs, or even outright make yours the 'official' later on when they release it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J R
United States
Carmichael
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love a copy if you get the chance to send it out!!!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Beltran
Chile
Punta Arenas, Chilean Patagonia
flag msg tools
Vuelvo mar, montaña, vuelvo puerto. Vuelvo sur, saludo mi desierto. Vuelvo, vida vuelvo, a vivir en mi país
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in too

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newby
England
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
If you want to ask for their permission to do so, the simplest way to begin that would be to go to the paizo forums and post there that you've created one using the same scheme, etc, and then ask if you're allowed to post it here with the knowledge that when the official one is released, you can remove it so people don't get them confused.

Most likely, either Vic or Mike will want you to send them a copy so they can look over it first before giving the permission, but don't send a copy unless they ask for it, otherwise it might be considered spam.

Also, keep in mind, that since it is a copyrighted product, that they do have the ability to take any ideas from it to add to theirs, or even outright make yours the 'official' later on when they release it.

Good advice all round. I've sent the Paizo guys an email yesterday asking all of the above - including can i post it on the Geek! When I get home from work in a couple of hours I'll check my emails to see if I've received a reply. For anyone who's emailed me directly, I'll be in touch before 10:00pm tonight (UK time).

I would be proper delighted if they made it the official PDF though - never thought of that! Please bear in mind though that it's primarily made for printing - not for electronic use. Only because some of the hyperlinks within the document are compromised by adding all the new text. If you are not bothered about hyperlinks anyway - no problem with using it electronically too.

I had no idea when i started it that it would take so long. That sure is one beefy FAQ on the Paizo website...

edit: I wasn't going to update the example in the FAQ, but for completion's sake, I'm doing it. I'll be in touch via email within the hour...

edit: check your emails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.