A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Elders/Hunting Party Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zombie Joe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be a really dumb question, or maybe I'm over complicating things, but reading over the Showdown Rules in the Form a Hunting Party section, it says the player "may" choose up to 2 elders to bring with them.

So I guess my question is, does that mean you can you choose "none" ?

If so, then can't you theoretically ignore the elders for most of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
If you don't want to take any elders, you don't have to.
Heck, I've had games where I CAN'T take asny as none are available (either dead or evil).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, if you do not wish them in your hunting party, you do not need to choose them. Heck, when playing Co-Op we often ignore them completely.

When you consider that Flying Frog centered A Touch of Evil around the competitive mode (at least the base game), the intended purpose of the Elders (and most of the mechanics surrounding them) makes a lot of sense. In Co-Op... not so much.

... Except, perhaps, as a neat way to lower the Shadow Track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Joe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mont Van wrote:

Lower it how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Joe wrote:
Mont Van wrote:

Lower it how?

Mainly with the various Mystery Events such as "It's Struck Again!" and "No One is Safe". Once the villain bumps them off, the track lowers 2 (I believe it is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Joe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mont Van wrote:
Mainly with the various Mystery Events such as "It's Struck Again!" and "No One is Safe". Once the villain bumps them off, the track lowers 2 (I believe it is).

Oh ok, I hear you. For some reason I thought you meant "lower" as in "away from Darkness" instead of "towards"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you do not HAVE to form a Hunting Party. But, some of those Elders have some really useful abilities that can come in VERY handy in a Showdown...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.