Subject: Mike Lee said something I agree with. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore most of this article, it's the usual drivel abiut Palin being Palin, the money quote by Lee is at the bottom. If I thought he believed it I might have hope, but he did say it and maybe someone will listen.

http://news.yahoo.com/sarah-palin-tells-iowa-conservatives-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Ignore most of this article, it's the usual drivel abiut Palin being Palin, the money quote by Lee is at the bottom. If I thought he believed it I might have hope, but he did say it and maybe someone will listen.

Wow, insightful post , congrats for making Palin appear smart in comparison.

I like Sarah Palin just because the way she inspires fear in the moonbats.

I wonder whats more frightening to the moonbats, Sarah Palin or a forty hour work week ?

Stay classy my cowering friends, stay classy !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

I wonder whats more frightening to the moonbats, Sarah Palin or a forty hour work week ?

Citation please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Way to completely miss the point about the "ignore the Palin stuff."

Although I have to say, Josh, it'd be a lot more conducive to discussion if you'd paste the relevant quote instead of directing people where to find it in the article...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Fear ???! Maybe laughter, but fear ?? The only time anyone is going to fear Sarah Palin is if she ever gets closer to the presidency then she was in '08. And that's about as likely to happen a flaming asteroid crashing into your house in the next five minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
Quote:

Fear ???! Maybe laughter, but fear ?? The only time anyone is going to fear Sarah Palin is if she ever gets closer to the presidency then she was in '08. And that's about as likely to happen a flaming asteroid crashing into your house in the next five minutes.

Oh good. Someone decides to take the bait, and now we have a thread about Sarah Palin instead of Mike Lee. Awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
jonb wrote:
Quote:

Oh good. Someone decides to take the bait, and now we have a thread about Sarah Palin instead of Mike Lee. Awesome.

Oh no, it's still about Mike Lee. Get me started about My Klee, and you're in for a ride.

There's a part of the article that isn't completely accurate:

misinformation from the article wrote:
In 2010 Lee defeated three-term Republican Senator Bob Bennett in a primary on his way to winning the Senate seat.

My Klee didn't beat Bob Bennett in the primary. Bennett never made it out of the caucus. Utah has a caucus before the primary to see who can make it there. If the past, it had always been a formality, barely attended and barely noticed. But then after Palin and the TP minions went down in flaming anti-glory, they ended up pulling an end-around, rallying TPers to flood the caucus process, get two TP candidates into the primary and shut Bennett out. If Bennett met up against Lee in the primaries when the state had a more visible opportunity to vote on the candidates, Bennett would have trounced Lee. Laughably, epically, demolished him. Lee only became a senator because the TP hijacked the process and lined him up against a candidate even more inept than he was.

They tried it again in 2012 to get Orrin Hatch out of the way, but it didn't even come close. Hatch didn't have to run against a Dem or even against the other Republican candidates. All he did was run ad after ad about how important the caucus was and how everyone needed to get out and take part. Didn't even put his name in the ads. Just ensuring that if enough people showed up, he wouldn't get Bennetted. Caucus attendance was at about 800% normal, and Hatch breezed to another term because he couldn't get ambushed.

As for the quote in question, he is trying to find a way to portray the current GOP as something other than hostile and angry. But if they keep doing nothing but being obstructionary, then that's all they have... hate. They don't really put out their own ideas, just say that the ideas of the other guy aren't the ones we need. That's not productive, that's just angry and hate. Listen to Hannity or Rush. Are they saying anything about how things oughtta be, or are they just out there causing the anger and hatred to fester? It's completely justifiable to be angry about how things are going, but for the GOP to be seen as something other than bitter old men screaming at America to get off their lawn, they need to start putting out ideas of their own... or at least do a better job of getting the message out to America about what those ideas are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
I remember this article- I read it the other day also.

The relevant quote is this-

Quote:
In 2010 Lee defeated three-term Republican Senator Bob Bennett in a primary on his way to winning the Senate seat.

In his speech on Saturday, he called on Republicans to offer up "market-based alternatives" that could replace Obamacare if the Republicans hope to have success at the polls in 2014.

"Frustration is not a platform. Anger is not an agenda and outrage, as a habit, is not even conservative," Lee said.

I like his point that anger isn't conservative. I happen to agree with him on this.

Alas, our political culture has moved beyond policy differences, and is swiftly becoming the politics of aesthetics. Being concerned with good policy is SOOOOOOOOOO 90's.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike "shutting down the government is a great way to stop Obamacare" Lee wants to take the high road now?

Well goody goody gumdrops I'm sure he's totally sincere and everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
mightygodking wrote:
Mike "shutting down the government is a great way to stop Obamacare" Lee wants to take the high road now?

Well goody goody gumdrops I'm sure he's totally sincere and everything

I think its more that he can actually read polling numbers. He's trying to distance himself from what is patently obviously a terrible political strategy.

But hey- the fact that he's a bit of a hack doesn't mean that in that particular quote he was wrong.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
But hey- the fact that he's a bit of a hack doesn't mean that in that particular quote he was wrong.

What it -does- mean is he'll have to change his tune back again before 2016 or the TP will look to kick him out and find another darling who will lead the local minions to the torch-and-pitchfork aisle at their local Home Depot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.