Subject: CAN WE REACH 100k? - A review from a current backer... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A great comment just posted from a backer.... Come on out and we might be able to unlock the Female Miniature. The game plays fantastic solo, or with up to 6 players.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1545517208/run-fight-or-...

"I've played this and I can say it's wonderful--the best game I played at the DiceTower Con. An absolute gem of careful game design and full-paced fun. Come on, this one is well worth backing! .... Better than King of Tokyo. So much frenetic fun! I'll keep sharing this kickstarter with everyone I know. So close!"

Thanks Vernon. -Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit, I was on the fence at the beginning of this campaign, but I am sold now. I got on board for a few reasons. First, this game has been around for a while, comes from a great designer, and really seems like a game that has fully realized its potential. Second, 8th Summit has been amazing at listening to their backers and running a great campaign. I am very thankful they made the choice to put out of reach stretch goals, within our grasp. Lastly, the game plays in a reasonable amount of time, has depth, looks to be fun, and is not very intimidating to new gamers. I have a feeling that this may just be one of my go to gateway games for new gamers!

---Plus that card holding Boss Zombie Miniature (will only ever be available through this KS) is pretty dang cool... I hope people will take the time to check the game out before it all ends!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this game! We are SO CLOSE to the next stretch goal too with just 6.5 hours to go!

I have been utterly blown away with how well they have run this campaign and even taking the time to personally answer questions. Truly a top notch company & designer!

However this plays out THANK YOU GUYS for putting out such great product!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jackson
United States
New Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
If a person who has an evil heart gets the Triforce, a Hero is destined to appear... and he alone must face the person who began the Great Cataclysm.
badge
If the evil one destroys the Hero, nothing can save the world from his wicked reign. Only a person of the Knights Of Hyrule, who protected the royalty of Hylia, can become the Hero...
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks absolutely amazing and can not wait to get my hands on it and take it to my Wen night group to share with everyone there. I know it is going to be a hit. Also thank you for adjusting the stretch goals for us. Very generous of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Nedzlek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I can't wait to play this game. 8th Summit has been great in answering all of out questions and comments. No to mention ran an amazing campaign. I am happy to know I was part of getting this excellent game on the market no matter what happens with the stretch goals (although the female zombie would be awesome)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I was so excited for this game, I made sure I was one of the first ten or so people to pledge. It has been a month now - and I am even MORE excited for the game. I am not too sure I can say that about any other project I have backed.

I am sure they are getting sick of hearing it - but 8th Summit and Jason Maxwell has sealed the deal in making a true blue fan out of me. If customer loyalty still means anything, they've one hell of a loyal one in me.

Plato's Theory of Forms rings true here: When I think of a successful Kickstarter campaign, this is the one I will think of as benchmark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Nedzlek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Order the game on kickstarter and get an extra me follower!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cnedzlek wrote:
Order the game on kickstarter and get an extra me follower!

I am not one to trumpet such things usually - but that is really cool, Cole.

I can tell my wife, "That guy was one of the people that made these barricades happen, you know."

And even better: Jason is going to toss you extra copies for your friends. That is a perfect representation of Mr. Maxwell's feelings towards his fans; top notch effort on his part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! Just hit the 90k Stretch goal for Barricade location cards. We have 4hrs to get 9k more for the final stretch of the campaign! I really hope we hit the goal and get the female zombie sculpts. However, even if we don't, all the minis look amazing thanks to Chad Hoverter (guy who did the awesome Mice and Mystics minis). Don't be shy people, join in on a game that has been playtested to perfection!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
short by 690... so close
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhchan wrote:
short by 690... so close

At least there is still hope! Jason just posted that if we are able to close the gap in the next few days...female zombies could be a reality!! Also those who do jump in (by going to the 8th summit website) will actually get a Kickstarter edition of the game!!....pretty awesome deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, here's hoping 7 more die harders show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me as a late arriver to the party. I just placed a Die Harder order on the 8th Summit site. I can't read the backers-only updates on KS, but I believe the female zombies are now included, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Count me as a late arriver to the party. I just placed a Die Harder order on the 8th Summit site. I can't read the backers-only updates on KS, but I believe the female zombies are now included, right?

Yes! Thanks to people such as yourself, Jason Maxwell announced that the Female Zombies are a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.