Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. Has anyone flown this list? I'm thinking about trying it for our league this week but just wanted to see how well it flies. I think it would do quite well assuming I can keep Wedge out of firing arcs.

99 points

Wedge Antilles (37)
X-Wing (29), R2 Astromech (1), Push the Limit (3), Engine Upgrade (4)

Blue Squadron Pilot (31)
B-Wing (22), Fire-Control System (2), Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Blue Squadron Pilot (31)
B-Wing (22), Fire-Control System (2), Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

I've had some success running three B's with HLC & Adv Sensors but wanted to change it up a little.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've casually flown something similar before with moderate success:

Wedge - R2 Astromech, Push the Limit, Engine Upgrade

Dagger Squadron Pilot - Advanced Sensors

Ibtisam - Advanced Sensors, Shield Upgrade, Draw Their Fire

Ibtisam + DTF helps to attract attention away from Wedge, which is great as I've found that if I can make it to the late game with a souped up Wedge it's an uphill battle for the other side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Brimstone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Cormitt wrote:
Just curious. Has anyone flown this list?

I've played 5 games with this list recently. I'm currently 3 for 2 with it. Here is some discussion about it: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1060936/b-wing-tournament-li...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi Mike, I think this is a pretty solid high offense 3 ship rebels list. I like that Wedge may not be priority #1, espessially if he is not the closest target in the opening engagement. And then he will really shine in the mid and late game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Deadwolf wrote:
Hi Mike, I think this is a pretty solid high offense 3 ship rebels list. I like that Wedge may not be priority #1, espessially if he is not the closest target in the opening engagement. And then he will really shine in the mid and late game.

Agreed. If you can let Wedge hang back a little without being too far outside to shoot, then your opponent may shoot at a 1 AGI B wing rather than Wedge rolling 3 at range 3. Or with some fancy flying, you might be able to flank with Wedge while bringing the Bs up slowly, having them converge on a target at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played against a Wedge + 2 B's in a tournament, played by Vuud. He had fewer upgrades on Wedge (I think he used Swarm Tactics to bring his Blue Squadron + HLC up to a 9) and had Ibtisam with HLC and Adv Sensors instead of Fire Control System. The more I play, the more I see the value of Adv Sensors over Fire Control System.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Brimstone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
iNano78 wrote:
The more I play, the more I see the value of Adv Sensors over Fire Control System.

I concur. In the five games I've played with the Fire Control Systems I've not found myself in a position to use the Target Lock all that often. The option to focus before pulling a red manoeuvre, especially that 2 K-turn, with Advanced Sensors is really quite nifty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rossbrimstone wrote:
iNano78 wrote:
The more I play, the more I see the value of Adv Sensors over Fire Control System.

I concur. In the five games I've played with the Fire Control Systems I've not found myself in a position to use the Target Lock all that often. The option to focus before pulling a red manoeuvre, especially that 2 K-turn, with Advanced Sensors is really quite nifty.

Or to Barrel Roll before a maneuver...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
I like Adv sensors, it has a lot of utility, but ive had a lot of success with FCS, espessially in the end game. AdvS cant stack actions like FCS. Of course, it really depends on the type of list you are facing and what you are giving up in order to afford the upgrade. I think they are both good and costed perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Brimstone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
iNano78 wrote:

Or to Barrel Roll before a maneuver...

Of course. My next test squad will have Daggers with Advanced Sensors and Engine Upgrades, so there's the option of Barrel Roll or Boost before or after moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rossbrimstone wrote:
iNano78 wrote:

I agree with this too. Lately I've been running a 3 Bs list with HLC & Adv. sensors but I wanted to try something new. It's almost like being on autopilot with 4 dice at each range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:

Thanks. Side note. Did you make it to worlds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.