Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's become evident that the constant stream of great MtG products has vastly outstripped the time I have available to play them. So it's time to do a purge, even though I enjoy many of these items quite a bit. But I hate selling Magic on eBay - the chances of a random jerkwad making life difficult are too high unless you exhaustively photo and detail every last bit.

So here are some deals for BGG'ers instead, and I think they're pretty sweet. I'm not going to detail every last bit. What I will do is offer a price significantly lower than eBay, often with bonus items included, and give you my promise that I'll fix any mistakes if I did miss something important (e.g. a missing $10 rare is important, a missing $0.35 common or edge ding on a card is not). You save money, I save time... we all win.

All transactions will be concluded through the BGG Marketplace, paid via Paypal. Buyer pays shipping, but I'll try to find the most economical way to do it depending on the items. I'm not averse to international shipping, but Magic cards are heavy and the costs will probably be more than anyone wants to pay. But we can talk if you're interested - GM me.

Except where otherwise noted, all cards are in excellent condition - most were pulled directly from packs, put directly in sleeves, and played relatively little. I can't guarantee any particular cards are absolutely pristine, but I can say that I'm quite picky about card condition and I don't believe anyone will be disappointed with any of this.

Most of the items below include sleeves, boxes, etc. Sorry, but I will not remove those to cut shipping weight. Sitting around desleeving a 500 card set is exactly the kind of tedium I want to avoid. Again, my prices are super-cheap here because I don't want to do that.

Finally, I'm looking to unload these items efficiently, which means shipping fewer, larger boxes. Also, as a buyer, I hate missing out on a deal because I didn't happen to log in during the first hour it went live. Thus, I'll let this run for 24-48 hours - people who want more stuff get priority. I will contact you directly to finalize a deal and point you to a Marketplace listing - do not expect a listing to be made for you immediately after your offer.

edit: You're welcome to post in this thread as well, but please send me a GM with whatever your final buylist is. GM's go to my email and are easier for me to keep organized. I'd also prefer not to have people intentionally one-upping each others' offers.

Happy spell-slinging!

** Draft Sets **

These should be of particular interest here. Each is a complete copy of the given draft environment. That means one of each rare and mythic, 2 of each uncommon, and either 2 or 3 of each common. Each one is completely sleeved in black KMC sleeves, includes a full set of basic lands (also sleeved) in quantities sufficient for at least 4 drafters, and is packed in the corresponding fat pack boxes. Most include a generous set of the proper tokens as well as custom inserts for the fat pack boxes to keep cards from sloshing around. In some cases, that's $100 worth of supplies and many hours of sorting, sleeving, and organzing. But since the mass MtG market doesn't care about such things, I'm writing it off and still selling for less than eBay's price for a simple complete set. Such a deal!

The draft sets, with the number of fat pack boxes and frequencies of each rarity listed...

Ravnica, City of Guilds - $175 ($120 if you don't want the Dark Confidant) (3 boxes, 1R, 2U, 3C)
Guildpact - $85 (1 box, 1R, 2U, 2C, no basics)
Scars of Mirrodin - $85 (3 boxes, 1R, 2U, 3C)
Mirrodin Besieged - $85 (1 box, 1R, 2U, 2C, no basics)
Lorwyn - $180 (3 boxes, 1R, 2U, 3C, lands unsleeved but you get a whole fat pack box of them)

I truly hope BGG'ers will pick all of these up and play some Limited with them - it would cost someone twice these prices and many hours to assemble them from scratch and I hate to sell them on eBay just to get parted out.

** Duel Decks **

Except where otherwise noted, these are complete, sleeved in appropriately colored KMC sleeves, and housed in the corresponding Ultra Pro Duel Deck Box (sleeves and box roughly a $25 value). They include the original tokens and the little insert with the decklists and backstory, but not the original outer box or (for the later ones) the original cardboard deckboxes.

Ajani vs Nicol Bolas - $25
Elves vs Goblins - $65 (packed in plain black double box - Ultra Pro never made a deckbox for this set)
Knights vs Dragons - $15
Divine vs Demonic - $70
Garruk vs Liliana - $25
Elspeth vs Tezzeret (New in sealed box, no extras) - $30
Venser vs Koth (New in sealed box, no extras) - $15

** Misc stuff **

Dissension Fat Pack - $55
New Phyrexia Fat Pack - $45
FTV Relics - $110
FTV Legends - $70
(edit: The 4 items above are new, sealed in original boxes)
Complete set of Mercadian Masques minus Rishadan Port - $70 - This was the first set released when I started playing Magic and at one point I wanted to collect a really pristine set of it for nostalgia's sake. This set is bindered and every card is absolutely, totally pristine out of the pack (even down to print centering). I never found a suitably nice Rishadan Port, which is why it's absent.

** Singles **

I don't play Constructed outside of the occasional EDH game, so I have few rares that don't end up in draft sets. However, there are some high-value odds and ends I've picked up over time. I won't sell any of these individually, but if you're buying something else I've listed above, you can add any of these for 10% less than the lowest TCGPlayer price for the card in comparable condition.

In no particular order...

(foil) Thalia, Guardian of Thraben (NM)
Tezzeret the Seeker (NM, original printing - Alara?)
2x Force of Will (1 moderately played, 1 lightly played)
(foil) Liliana of the Dark Realms (NM)
2x Dark Confidant (both NM, original Ravnica printing)
3x Chord of Calling (NM)
Sword of Body and Mind (NM)
Scrubland, Tundra, Plateau, Savannah (Revised, all heavily played, though not creased or damaged in any way)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much for the lot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spoon wrote:
How much for the lot?

Pretty sure you're jesting, but for the sake of others... no quantity deals or haggling. Everything is priced below market value, without even considering the various extras. The draft sets in particular cost me a lot of time and often double the money that I listed them for. In most cases, all of these sets provided plenty of entertainment, so I'm fine with that. But there will be no second rounds of lowered prices - anything not taken will either get eBay'd or packed up into storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tppytel wrote:
spoon wrote:
How much for the lot?

Pretty sure you're jesting, but for the sake of others... no quantity deals or haggling. Everything is priced below market value, without even considering the various extras. The draft sets in particular cost me a lot of time and often double the money that I listed them for. In most cases, all of these sets provided plenty of entertainment, so I'm fine with that. But there will be no second rounds of lowered prices - anything not taken will either get eBay'd or packed up into storage.

Fair enough!

I'm interested in all the draft sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spoon wrote:
I'm interested in all the draft sets.

Glad to hear it - I would hate to spend hours resorting and desleeving them, sell them on eBay for a few extra bucks, and then end up binning all the extra commons/uncommons. Much better to actually play some Limited with them. I simply don't have that much time to play Magic.

As I noted in the post, I'll let this run for a day or two and prioritize people that want more stuff. So consider if there's anything else you'd like and send me a GM. (GM's hit my email and are easier to organize than just replies here - I'll edit that into my OP now.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Awesome stuff. I'd definitely be interested in some of the lower priced Duel Decks, but my tight Magic budget was blown on a Commander 2013 deck this month (Pre-constructed is just easier these days) and I assume someone with a larger buy list would just tack on a Duel Deck or two.

Thanks for the great offers though! Someone is going to get a steal of a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzydice82 wrote:
but my tight Magic budget was blown on a Commander 2013 deck this month...

Money well spent - the Commander decks are a blast. We've enjoyed the new ones so far and still play the old ones regularly. Most have been upgraded with about $30-$50 worth of better, more focused cards and they play extremely well for that price. I do have one genuinely good EDH deck (Ghost Council of Orzhova, in need of updating now), but I've brought my lightly upgraded 2011 decks to EDH nights at the local shop and not felt totally outclassed. Absolutely awesome product.

Quote:
I assume someone with a larger buy list would just tack on a Duel Deck or two.

There's no cost for making an offer. I think the draft people will end up being a separate audience from the Duel Deck people, so don't make too many assumptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Winter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in some of the duel decks - particularly Elspeth vs. Tezzeret, Knights vs. Dragons, and Venser vs. Koth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll close the window for offers at this point. I've gotten in touch with a couple of people already to finalize listings. I'll post back as items are definitively sold. Thanks for all the interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deals have been concluded. Here's what's left - let me know if you're interested.

** Duel Decks **

Ajani vs Nicol Bolas - $25
Elves vs Goblins - $65 (packed in plain black double box - Ultra Pro never made a deckbox for this set)
Divine vs Demonic - $70
Garruk vs Liliana - $25

** Misc stuff **

Dissension Fat Pack - $55
New Phyrexia Fat Pack - $45
FTV Relics - $110
FTV Legends - $70

** Singles **

2x Force of Will (1 moderately played, 1 lightly played)
(foil) Liliana of the Dark Realms (NM)
2x Chord of Calling (NM)
Scrubland, Tundra, Plateau, Savannah (Revised, all heavily played, though not creased or damaged in any way)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ferrantino
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
I am MOST interested in the Ajani/Bolas Duel Deck, the Garruk/Liliana Duel Deck and the FTV Legends-- in truth I'm interested in everything you've got XD But, that doesn't mean I have the pocket money for more than Duel Decks

What I can buy is either both Duel Decks or the From the Vault Legends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Gregory
Australia
flag msg tools
HI,
Is the Duel Deck still available?

If it is how much would it be to be posted to
1 Barker Street, Geraldton
6530 Western Australia
Australia

Thank You

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. All the Duel Decks and draft sets have been sold. I still have the FTV sets and Fat Packs sitting around and will eBay them next month unless someone here wants them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.