Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The instructions say players cannot pool attacks against Durin's Bane without use of the ranged keyword. It also says Durin's Bane is considered engaged with all players with threat 1 or higher.

Therefore, when pooling attacks, does that mean all attacks (when players have threat of 1 or higher) are considered non-ranged? For instance, with 2 players, I'm assuming player 2 (with all non-ranged chars) can attack DB with all chars and combine them. Player 1 can join the attack with only his ranged chars.

However, for heroes like Bard, is it considered a "ranged" attack (to use his ability) or not, since DB is still considered engaged with Player 1? I ask because it's my understanding that when a ranged char (like Bard) attacks an engaged enemy, then it is not considered a "ranged" attack, but a normal attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Jones
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:

The instructions say players cannot pool attacks against Durin's Bane without use of the ranged keyword. It also says Durin's Bane is considered engaged with all players with threat 1 or higher.

Therefore, when pooling attacks, does that mean all attacks (when players have threat of 1 or higher) are considered non-ranged? For instance, with 2 players, I'm assuming player 2 (with all non-ranged chars) can attack DB with all chars and combine them. Player 1 can join the attack with only his ranged chars.

However, for heroes like Bard, is it considered a "ranged" attack (to use his ability) or not, since DB is still considered engaged with Player 1? I ask because it's my understanding that when a ranged char (like Bard) attacks an engaged enemy, then it is not considered a "ranged" attack, but a normal attack.

If Bard is Player 1's hero, Bard can contribute to the attack against Player 1 normally (not considered a ranged attack), or to the Player 2's attack as Ranged. As it is, he can attack either one, and will exhaust for that attack. If you have a way to stand him again, he could attack both.

Durin's Bane's engagements just mean that he is making multiple attacks against all characters. They still resolve as an attack against first player, then second player, etc.

The only thing different this would effect would be other cards that trigger off "ranged" attacks only, then it would only happen when contributing to Player 2's attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deekow wrote:
If Bard is Player 1's hero, Bard can contribute to the attack against Player 1 normally (not considered a ranged attack), or to the Player 2's attack as Ranged. As it is, he can attack either one, and will exhaust for that attack. If you have a way to stand him again, he could attack both.

What you say makes sense. Thanks. Except one part -- if I could stand Bard up after 1 attack against DB, I thought he could not target DB again. Can't each char only attack each enemy once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alogos teeheehee
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player can declare only one attack for each enemy.
Characters are not limited.

For it to attack Durin's Bane, you can have him participate in an attack declared by another player. A player must exhaust at least 1 character to declare an attack however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.