Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I posted a couple of weeks ago people who are playing this game and posting on BGG should really consider ratinh the game. This will do two things. First it will give a more accurate representation to the designers and the community of what people think of the game. As well, the more ratings we have, the more accurate idea we will have of a ranking on BGG. As it stands, with just over 300 ratings STAW is still ranked quite low (compared to its actual rating) because of the algorithm BGG uses to ensure that shills cannot overly influence the rankings.

I'm not looking for just good ratings. Be honest. Let's see how the game stacks up in the eyes of ALL it's users who roam the halls of BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that everybody needs to do that. I had already rated it but see that my wife hadn't so we took care of that!

Go rank the game everybody!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
msg tools
mb
If you're going to post something bi-weekly, consider adding a short "how to rate a game on BGG" section to your message. The first time I saw one of these threads, there were 4-5 people asking how to do it. BGG isn't exactly user friendly in that regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reldnahc
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, how do you rank games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drahga wrote:

There are a couple easy ways to rate a game. Don't forget that you need to be logged in first to do this. I personally prefer method 2 for this.

Method 1:
1) Click the link for Star Trek: Attack Wing (should be at the top of the page from the Attack Wing forum or in your list of Recent pages you have visited) Or just click this: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/139771/star-trek-atta...
2) Scroll to the bottom of the page.
3) In the User Information, if there is not already an item in the list, click the link to Add a Copy to Your Collection.
4) Click in the box where it says n/a for Rating.
5) Leave your rating, done.
note: if you don't actually own Attack Wing, you can uncheck the "own" box but still leave the rating.

Method 2:
1) In the search box, search for Attack Wing (Board Game is what you want in the drop down box) or click here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&ob...
2) You will see a list of results with the main game plus a bunch of the expansions. The rating for the main game is what is most important.
3) Click in the column under "Your Rating" where it says n/a.
4) Leave your rating, done.

Note: Hover over the "i" icon when you are on the rating screen to see how the rating numbers break down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks that helped! i looked before but it wasn't obvious how to actually rate a game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reldnahc
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Done. I would have never found it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bump. sorry if someone else had another thread started for this.

Attack Wing is now rated #757, but has an average fan rating of 8.32. That's awesome! The reason the game isn't ranked higher is because BGG puts 100 "5" ratings automatically on each game to help cancel out some of the people that give 1's and 10's for no good reason The current geek rating because of that is 6.429. There is definitely room for that to go up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jiffk wrote:
thanks that helped! i looked before but it wasn't obvious how to actually rate a game

Do be sure to rate other games, then, too, that you may have played!

One of the ways the BGG algorithm filters out ratings from inclusion in the average - to 'bust shills' - is eliminating single-vote-ratings, or users who rate suspiciously (IE., rate every game a '10' or something).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Attack Wing has cracked the top 500! It is now ranked #494. I also echo Xander's comment - rank other games that you have played, that helps out the rating systems as well! The average gamer rating right now would put this game in the top 15, but because of the way they do ratings (every game automatically has 100 "5.5" ratings in order to eliminate shill rankings) it requires the players and fans of the game to rate it appropriately!

Here's information about how to rank games:

stpitner wrote:
drahga wrote:

There are a couple easy ways to rate a game. Don't forget that you need to be logged in first to do this. I personally prefer method 2 for this.

Method 1:
1) Click the link for Star Trek: Attack Wing (should be at the top of the page from the Attack Wing forum or in your list of Recent pages you have visited) Or just click this: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/139771/star-trek-atta...
2) Scroll to the bottom of the page.
3) In the User Information, if there is not already an item in the list, click the link to Add a Copy to Your Collection.
4) Click in the box where it says n/a for Rating.
5) Leave your rating, done.
note: if you don't actually own Attack Wing, you can uncheck the "own" box but still leave the rating.

Method 2:
1) In the search box, search for Attack Wing (Board Game is what you want in the drop down box) or click here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&ob...
2) You will see a list of results with the main game plus a bunch of the expansions. The rating for the main game is what is most important.
3) Click in the column under "Your Rating" where it says n/a.
4) Leave your rating, done.

Note: Hover over the "i" icon when you are on the rating screen to see how the rating numbers break down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.