Subject: Card sleeve size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Just bought the game can't wait to get it and play. I like to ask what card sleeve protectors I need for it

Thanks
Reagan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Cervantes
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Standard. 63mm X 88mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Ultra Pro deck protector sleeves 66mm x 91mm. Ultra pro stock #82689 for a pack of 100. These are the premium sleeves with the hologram on them and they fit the cards perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Green card sleeves fit great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
standard cheap-ass dragon sleeves, clear for the two-sided cards. worked fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any links guys so I don't screw this up by ordering the wrong thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reagan wrote:

http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-63-5-88-mm-100-pack.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Reagan wrote:

When following any suggestion always remember - Caveat emptor

The song from Different Strokes has some sage advice: "What might be right for you, may not be right for some." I'm always a little loathe to suggest things that work for me, as on occasions they didn't work out for the other guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pat, do you sleeve all games?

If not, you may want to wait. These are extremely thick cards that don't get handled very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Reagan wrote:

The song from Different Strokes has some sage advice: "What might be right for you, may not be right for some." I'm always a little loathe to suggest things that work for me, as on occasions they didn't work out for the other guy.

That is definitely true David. What two people call a "perfect fit" can be two different things. There is lots of disagreement on sleeve sizes, let alone whether to sleeve or not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
wrrlykam wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Reagan wrote:

That is definitely true David. What two people call a "perfect fit" can be two different things. There is lots of disagreement on sleeve sizes, let alone whether to sleeve or not!

I find the quote irrelevant as the o.p, was wanting suggestions for some sleeves not a philosophical debate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
1932f20 wrote:
wrrlykam wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Reagan wrote:

I find the quote irrelevant as the o.p, was wanting suggestions for some sleeves not a philosophical debate.

That is the danger of posting to a PUBLIC forum. Reagan got the suggestion as he wanted. The rest of the posters discussed the pro and cons of making and receiving suggestions.

And if you hadn't read any of the other main sleeving geeklists/threads on BGG there have been at least one instance where someone took suggestions for sleeves a game and that they had seen, they didn't fit and they came on to the board quite up set, even though the link they followed had nothing to do with those threads. Incidentally although Mayday sleeve were involved but the buyer bought sleeves for the wrong edition.

I doubt suggesting that the buyer exercises caution and thoroughly researches the suggested link is irrelevant especially where Mayday is concerned. No one wants to waste money on wrong sleeves.

ADDITION:
Thomas, no criticism of your suggestion was intend. Just urging sensible caution when sleeving due to the odd size variations. My sleeves of choice are Ultrapro standards. Double thick, double safe mile high stacks.

EDITS: for speeling and poor grandma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Fortune and Glory and the link is to the sleeves I purchased that fit perfectly. They are not too tight nor do they have to much overhang. If they don't work I'd gladly buy them from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kerskine wrote:

If not, you may want to wait. These are extremely thick cards that don't get handled very much.

I received the game with some messed top left corners on the danger cards, that why I wanted sleeves, I don't want to send the game back either, too much of a hassle. I looked to see if I could just buy adventure cards, but just found the supplemental ones on flying frog. So I ordeed them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reagan wrote:
kerskine wrote:

I received the game with some messed top left corners on the danger cards, that why I wanted sleeves, I don't want to send the game back either, too much of a hassle. I looked to see if I could just buy adventure cards, but just found the supplemental ones on flying frog. So I ordeed them

Messed up how? All my FFP games have some sort of weird crack in the corners one way or another. I've learned to accept it, they haven't seperated at all thank goodness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Reagan wrote:
kerskine wrote:

Messed up how? All my FFP games have some sort of weird crack in the corners one way or another. I've learned to accept it, they haven't seperated at all thank goodness.

That is exactly what it is LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, too funny.

Just don't riffle shuffle them, they are too thick. I stack shuffle them until I get them all in sleeves. Because they are so thick the mayday regular sleeves are perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried generic sleeves "Perfect Fit" by Max Protection 64.7 by 89.5 and they were snug for Fortune and Glory but was happy with the result, some of the promo cards were a hair higher and wider making them tight. The same sleeves would not fit A Touch Of Evil at all, they stuck out more than I cared for. They fit Last Night On Earth, Conquest of Planet Earth and Phantom Leader Deluxe well (Flush to the top) Level 7 Escape and BioShock fit perfectly (Just under sleeve edge) along with some other games I had by GMT Urban Sprawl, Labyrinth: TWoT, Navajo Wars. They did not fit The Halls of Montezuma, Fields of Fire or Cuba Libre at all. I ordered some packs from May Day (Orange, Purple, Green and Red codes) for Talisman, Shadows over Camelot, Ticket To Ride Europe, Arkham, Runebound and A touch Of Evil to see how they fit. The perfect Fits were $1.99 for 100 on Ebay. You'll have to see what suits your taste for each game. I never really thought about sleeving before, one thing I noticed is they can make the stacks a lot taller and you have to be really careful when grabbing a card as these things can shoot across the room if you put too much pressure on the stack or could easily topple over from the added height and subtle vibrations. Anyone else have those problems?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.