Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Call me dense or whatever, but I am confused by Burrow. Does it always mean that when you fight the villain you expend your attack power, do all other Fight instructions, and then regardless of whether they are in the sewers, bridge, etc move them to the streets? I interpreted it as a retreat type mechanism, which makes it odd that they can jump forward even if they are the only villains in the city. Clarification would be appreciated! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You conduct the fight normally (spend attack, resolve fight effect, etc.) but instead of putting the villain in your victory pile you move it to the Streets space if the Streets space is empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like a misprint. It says in the clarifications that the villain "retreats" back to the streets. The sewer space is always back. It also makes more since flavor-wise that subterranean creatures would retreat underground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rimgar
msg tools
mb
Finklestein wrote:
This seems like a misprint. It says in the clarifications that the villain "retreats" back to the streets. The sewer space is always back. It also makes more since flavor-wise that subterranean creatures would retreat underground.

The issue here is the fact that in the Streets, a villain might stick around for awhile. If we assume Burrow refers to the Sewers, then the next villain is going to push it out, making it much tougher to deal with, especially in the case of the 7. Given that one of the villains also refers to the Streets (moving to the bridge) I think they got it correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But at the same time then the villain will burrow *forward* to the streets, which doesn't jibe with the word "retreat." I played the other day with the villain going to to the streets regardless of the location they were currently in, but it still seems vague, or at the very least mis-worded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played some more and came across those other street cards. I guess retreat makes some sense in order to get out of the city faster, thus making Moleman more powerful.

On a lighter note, Galactus captured a bystander in one of our games. Comical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.