Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me see if I understand how the legion limits work.

Usually an emperor can buy up to 7 legions if he starts the turn with less than 7. Some emperors can buy 1 or 2 legions more, so they can have 8 or 9 legions. They are not free and must be paid like the basic ones.

If there are rebel legions you can bribe them so they convert to your color. This can be done even if you have your emperor's legion limit, up to the hard limit of 10 counters.

Then if you play with an emperor that has no legion bonus, you can keep the legions you had in that moment, even in excess of 7, but if you drop below 7 you cannot get over 7 again with that emperor, except by bribing rebel legions.

Is that it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been far too long since I got to play this one, but from what I an remember…
marticabre wrote:
Usually an emperor can buy up to 7 legions if he starts the turn with less than 7. Some emperors can buy 1 or 2 legions more, so they can have 8 or 9 legions. They are not free and must be paid like the basic ones.
Correct, except I do not recall the cost part. I have this vague recollection that the bonus legions are, in fact, bonus legions.

marticabre wrote:
If there are rebel legions you can bribe them so they convert to your color. This can be done even if you have your emperor's legion limit, up to the hard limit of 10 counters.
Again, I have a vague recollection that this is correct.

marticabre wrote:
Then if you play with an emperor that has no legion bonus, you can keep the legions you had in that moment, even in excess of 7, but if you drop below 7 you cannot get over 7 again with that emperor, except by bribing rebel legions.
This time I am pretty sure you have it correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Pardo
Spain
Madrid
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Think the extra legions that some emperors come with are free of charge. At least in the game example they come free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.