Martok (6pt)

K'T'Inga class (22)
Goron (4pt)

K'T'Inga class (22)
General Captain

K'T'Inga class (22)
General Captain

Total pt100

I was thinking of number in firepower. The 2 with captains have 5 attack the other 2 have 6 and one of the general ones can stay back and start beaming down people

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted my experiences with a similar-minded 4 ship build. I found the 4-ship build to dominate the planet, but it left me open for too many more 1-attack kills than I am comfortable with. If I could change I'd go back to the sturdier 3-ship builds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Webster
United States
PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to try a Romulan 4 ship build. Two weak little science vessels and two Valdore class. I am hoping this will give me some balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B L
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
webstergroup wrote:
I am going to try a Romulan 4 ship build. Two weak little science vessels and two Valdore class. I am hoping this will give me some balance.

This is what we used to run. 2x Science Vessel w/Muon Tokens (i would use cloaked mines now), Valdore w/Donatra, Negh'var w/Martok. couple points left over to play with ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C LG
msg tools
mb
are people finding the 4 ship build to be effective in OP3? I've seen people gravitate towards the 4 ship build, but I'm not convinced of its resilience in the face of the Alpha build. So you used one of your ships to take the planet, but now you're dead because it was 84pts of meh ships against 100pts of alpha attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
gordash wrote:
are people finding the 4 ship build to be effective in OP3? I've seen people gravitate towards the 4 ship build, but I'm not convinced of its resilience in the face of the Alpha build. So you used one of your ships to take the planet, but now you're dead because it was 84pts of meh ships against 100pts of alpha attack.

The effectiveness is going to vary by the specific scenario. When I did OP2, the other 3 players each used a 3 ship force, while I used a 4 ship force. I do not have specific information, but I have been told that 1 of those guys used a 4 ship force for OP3 at a different location, but I have been playing around with various 3 or 4 ship builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
webstergroup wrote:

That may work well for you. I would advise either 2 Valdore as you mentioned or 2 D'deridex, but not 1 of each. The movements on them are quite different so you could have a lot of trouble keeping them together if you need to get a little crazy with the movements. I don't know what Federation players you go up against, but the Federation player I have faced multiple times loves using Attack Pattern Omega, which allows him to go through the damage deck to find a hull breach card if he scores a critical. For that reason, I prefer the D'Deridex as it has a tech upgrade slot which I use for Polarized Hull Plating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.