Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rule book there is a suggestion on what scenario to play first, but I understand that there is a better one to start out with and is recommended by the people who produce the game. I cannot seem to find it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They put it online: "First Time in the Captain's Chair"
http://www.fireflythegame.com/howtoplay/StoryCards.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Start with First Time in the Captain's Chair!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh...yeah, in the rulebook it suggests starting with "King of All Londonium", which actually takes a loooooooong time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But if time permits, consider a few solo games to get a feel for things yourself first.

I think I played 3-4 solo games, then First Time in the Captain's Chair, and then we graduated quickly to King of All Londonium and Harken's Folly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my 2 cents on what order to play the story cards (scenarios) in, see my thread "Story Card Difficulty Levels" (General, p.2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think your order is pretty good. I just find the cash grabs kind of boring...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group and I just played our first game this past Friday and we didn't know about the Captain's Chair suggested starting scenario. I wish we had because we went with what is suggested in the rule book (the King of All Londinium one) and that was atrociously too long. It almost turned us off to the game completely when after a few hours we realized we still had a TON more to do to obtain any of the goals. Keep in mind this was the first time any of us had played the game, none of us had solo'ed it, this was our learning game. And it took a long as hell time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
My first solo game took 1 hour, becoming solid with all five contacts. My second game was solo four player using King of All Londinium and it took 5.25 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Famous Patrick
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
But if time permits, consider a few solo games to get a feel for things yourself first.

I think I played 3-4 solo games, then First Time in the Captain's Chair, and then we graduated quickly to King of All Londonium and Harken's Folly.

I saw this game set up at the game store this weekend and I'm thinking of buying it. Right now, I play solo games more often than not; could you tell me how does Firefly play as a solo game?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
famouspatrick wrote:
I saw this game set up at the game store this weekend and I'm thinking of buying it. Right now, I play solo games more often than not; could you tell me how does Firefly play as a solo game?

Thanks

I've played one solo game. There is one solo story card with 3 different objectives. I think the game works at a narrative generator, if that's what you're interested in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Famous Patrick
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fusag wrote:
famouspatrick wrote:

Thanks

I've played one solo game. There is one solo story card with 3 different objectives. I think the game works at a narrative generator, if that's what you're interested in.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.