Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
My general experiences with Undermountain have indicated that even with the bigger quests, that's no guarantee of bigger scores at the end of the game. Most games, you don't really have extra adventurers.

This game was different. At the end of turn 1, both the Citadel of the Bloody Hand and Shadowdusk Hold were on the table. That's basically sixteen extra adventurers entering the game every turn. Wow... this was going to be interesting.

Priests and Wizards were the choke points this game, although they began to appear in the late stages. Shadowdusk Hold was eventually replaced by its controller (Jesse) and a smaller source of rogues hit the table.

I took a long time to get going, although I controlled quite a few buildings, but I was able to complete some big quests towards the end of the game, including a 40 pointer. Jesse and Rich were the ones to watch throughout the game as they gained many points - Jesse generally from smaller quests. Rich's quests were special.

It was the first time I'd seen a player complete two 40 points quests and a 25 point quest. It was incredible work.

Jesse, having completed more quests, was able to catch up somewhat to Rich's score, but Rich was a deserved winner in the end with a score of 158. Jesse made 151, I came third on 132, Dave made 123, and Josh - playing his first game - got 105.

In most five player game, breaking 100 is good work. This game was slightly bigger!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great report, Merric. Sounds like an intense game! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you guys like playing with Undermountain better than Skullport? My group has become hooked on the Long Game using both Undermountain and Skullport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Omahavice wrote:
Do you guys like playing with Undermountain better than Skullport? My group has become hooked on the Long Game using both Undermountain and Skullport.

We were a bit pressed for time, so both together wasn't an option. I'm also exploring Undermountain by itself for a bit...

Cheers,
Merric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.