Subject: Exile+Pawn+Scherazade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jardy koning
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
So i tried out a cute little trick with my exile deck after discovering the nifty "Pawn trashes Pawn, draws Exile" trick by reinstalling the pawn on Scherazade for a credit and a card upon a succesful run in which pawn was ready to trigger.

Now i am fully aware that at best this is a slow desperado with a card draw or at worst a really unreliable slow set up PC. But i'm wondering if anybody else has any ideas or thoughts on how to make this combo better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well with DeepRed you get to move the pawn back onto an ice as well as gain 1C for installing on Scherazade. That gets you a free draw and free 1C when you run if they only have 1 ice on a central server, which isn't terrible.

Its a rather large combo in terms of cards though, so I don't know how effective it will actually be compared the Masonari/Desperado.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny And The
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Note this requires an installed pawn and a pawn already in the heap. A pawn cannot trash itself and then bring itself back. I made a post about this in the rules forum somewhere titled "can a pawn bring itself back from the heap?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jardy koning
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I am aware of that but it can be managed by either Freelance coding contract or just overdrawing purposefully with Diesl and then discarding pawn. Like i said not very efficient yet but still kinda fun in a exile deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throw in a John Masanori and you get 2 cards and a credit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Because it winds up being a clumsier Desperado + Masanori, I think you need some reasons to justify using it. The first is that the pieces are searchable via Shaper effects; there's no way to guarantee Desperado except by drawing it eventually (where Andi's big opening hand rules). That's probably not enough by itself to justify the combo, so maybe build a deck that uses some of the Caïssa besides Pawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.