Al Rashid» Forums » Variants

Subject: Any changes for a 2-player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noel Llopis
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
I didn't see any changes in the rules for a 2-player game. The designers mentioned in other posts that it works well, just has a different feel than with a higher player count.

I was wondering if someone had tried some tweaks to the rules to make the 2-player game tighter, or closer to how it feels with more players. Like maybe not giving resources to the second player, using a neutral player to block off locations, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My memory is that you draw more bad guy tiles (I forget the name) in the two player game. This has the effect of forcing competition.

I thought the two player game played just fine. I like it a little better with more, but it's not a bad two player game at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Ben. I like this game more, with more players, but like it just fine with 2. It actually plays remarkably quick with 2, and so that is a bonus, in my book.

Not sure what bad guys, I assume Ben meant the military tiles placed on the board. Didn't think more of those came out in 2P?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Intini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the 2 player version of the game. I love it so much that I have worked on some openings (my favorite being the Turbo Monopolist opening).

There's only one unofficial variant for now, that we haven't tested thouroughly, so feel free to test it and give feedback

In a 2p game have the 1st player get more resources than the 2nd player. This should balance out the huge advantage of moving last if both players have the same number of pawns.

Mind you, with this variant the Turbo Monopolist is even better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Not sure what bad guys, I assume Ben meant the military tiles placed on the board. Didn't think more of those came out in 2P?

Yes, I was thinking of the crisis tiles. Looking back over the rules, it looks like you don't draw more, but they accumulate more during the game (because there are fewer players to fight them off).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Intini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chally wrote:

Yes, I was thinking of the crisis tiles. Looking back over the rules, it looks like you don't draw more, but they accumulate more during the game (because there are fewer players to fight them off).

That's what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.