Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete McPherson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A quick question of clarification:

The rules make it sound as if the Jump officer cannot attempt to earn flux cards (or jump) without energy. Is this the case?

I assumed (probably incorrectly) that the jump station worked much like repair; a jump can be attempted, but if no energy is assigned, none of the station's abilities can be used.

If energy needs to be assigned to jump in order to earn flux cards, this would drastically change the way I play the engineer; I would make sure to assign at least one energy to jump each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
It's not like repair. Repair is the odd one. Note that the line on page 18 which states that it can be used even without energy is bolded. That's because it's different.

Without energy in Jump Drive, the JDO doesn't activate Jump Drive so the 5 dice never get rolled. Skip to the next phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McPherson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lankyb wrote:
It's not like repair. Repair is the odd one. Note that the line on page 18 which states that it can be used even without energy is bolded. That's because it's different.

Without energy in Jump Drive, the JDO doesn't activate Jump Drive so the 5 dice never get rolled. Skip to the next phase.

That's what I thought. I'll give that a shot next time. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.