United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
After two dozen plays, someone brought up the notion that he should be able to sell his skill cards for 500 coin. After reading through the rules, it seemed like there was no rule stating he couldn't.

Thoughts?

Also, along this vein, what would stop a hero from trading these? Technically they're listed as an item, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you give away a skill?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically skill cards are separate from items since they are not equipped as items and do not suffer the same equipping restrictions as items do. They are gained and remain with the player until the end of the game as per the entry in the JitD Rulebook at pp.6:

Game Setup 4A. Deal Starting Skill Cards:
Important: Skill cards are placed face up in front of the player that owns them and can be used at any time for the duration of the game. Skill cards are never used up, discarded, or replaced once this step is completed.

This leads me to apply the same ruling to skill cards gained by training during Town actions. Once you've gained a skill card it is with the character for the rest of the game regardless if you wanted it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
jacobugath wrote:
After reading through the rules, it seemed like there was no rule stating he couldn't.

This isn't a gripe aimed at you in particular, but this is a longstanding peeve of mine. Just because its not explicitly prohibited does not mean it is permitted. Especially the rule that says I can conjure 4 treasure chests at will to open or magically increase my threat count (why can't I? Doesn't say I can't in the rules!).

But seriously now, skill cards are representative of an actual skill or technique a hero knows. Just like I couldn't sell back an education to a university, you can't sell back a skill to the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Actually, there is one character (Lindel) whose special includes dropping skills, which IMOBO means others can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.