Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it was noted that we don't have this thread yet for this game, here it is!

And here's the link to the game thread. Colonization PBF #12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
[Edit: Moving this here because it is commentary].

swamibansi wrote:
It does seem to me that the new leader of the UN is much more aggressive, cunning and manipulative than his predecessor. And ambitious. And focused on short term manipulations rather than long term diplomatic relations. Such that while he may keep his word, his alignment may shift in any second if it fits his current agenda. Such is his right. And I'm curious about the long consequences....

I'm probably coming on a bit strong - as mentioned elsewhere the last time I played a board game (or multiplayer strategy game) was 1992. So feel free to track my progress through the Seven Stages of Boardgaming.

The UN promises to contain his thinly veiled time limited threats until the end of the blue cycle.

And more seriously, let me know if this behaviour is actively detrimental to your enjoyment of the game, and I'll stop it straight away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
And also hi everybody. Thanks for letting me play in the game, and being so welcoming with your first posts after I joined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
seanmemphis wrote:
You could just list (HS) or (LS) after e/ Radiator...
for Heavy Side or Light Side, obviously...
that oughta' be easy, no?

PRC fuels its Bernal.

That explains what you're holding Project Orion for

[Edit: In fact, you've got a really great selection of cards for the next few steps of this. How far are you planning on going?]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NASA has a question about rules before continue with my turn.
The rules of HFC says:

14.7 Open-cycle cooling): Afterburners can be used for cooling at any point in a move, see 8.9 Year 2. Afterburners can be used to cool missile robonauts during prospecting, if they have expended the afterburning fuel that turn.

I need to spend the step of fuel of AFB using this robonaut as a Thruster or if the missile robonaut is carried for a thruster and the thruster spends the AFB the missile robonaut can use it in the action phase for prospecting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
sircrowin wrote:
NASA has a question about rules before continue with my turn.
The rules of HFC says:

14.7 Open-cycle cooling): Afterburners can be used for cooling at any point in a move, see 8.9 Year 2. Afterburners can be used to cool missile robonauts during prospecting, if they have expended the afterburning fuel that turn.

I need to spend the step of fuel of AFB using this robonaut as a Thruster or if the missile robonaut is carried for a thruster and the thruster spends the AFB the missile robonaut can use it in the action phase for prospecting?
The robonaut has to be the active thruster during movement to gain the cooling benefit of the afterburner when prospecting later in the turn.

The "they" used in the rule you quoted refers specifically to the missile robonaut, not your entire rocket as a whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to send you the current spreadsheet tonight Andrew. I won't send the one for PBF 12 with all the current deck status though. A similar one and tell you what I'd like to see.

You could move things around and run some "test" updates in this thread to see what they look like. I've been taking Python coding lessons from codeacademy and it's good stuff, but my time for learning that is small each week and gets frustrating sometimes! I need a solid week off, and that will never happen. Ah well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thanks.

Also I'm glad to see PRC step up and start acting like PRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hey everybody.

I just came up with as set of moves that is so awesome I'd like to make a case to start my turn again. Any takers?

(Just putting this here for post match analysis).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry dont understand. Do you want to redone all your last turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
sircrowin wrote:
Sorry dont understand. Do you want to redone all your last turn?

Not really, but I did come up with something hilarious that I'll share later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bid is finished (waiting ESA) do you want to change that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
sircrowin wrote:
The bid is finished (waiting ESA) do you want to change that?

Nope. We're waiting for an event roll for the end of turn, then you're free to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I would like to blame the moderator for my decision to go anarchy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Our game thread appears to be horribly broken and lost. Could we start a new one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ouch. Ok, it appears we are in need of a PRC player now. I'll be able to get a new thread up and running tomorrow during the day. Let me know when you find this how you'd prefer to proceed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Shields
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Interesting, as this player was the one who helped get me up to speed on Vassal and seemed very invested in at least playing the game. Hope all is well with him.

Also, I apologize if my inexperience and stilted play contributed to anyone's issues with this game. If that is the case, please let me know so I can work on improving my play. Colonization really ups the ante in terms of interaction and planning, which is good but I'm not even that experienced in the full expansion, let alone Colonization.

THAT SAID...I am willing to play, I'm even more willing to start a new game than continue this one. I'm not terribly out of position, but I've made a few small mistakes that continue to add up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I hate to see PRC drop out of the game. He's well positioned and is keeping the game interesting and challenging.

I was really looking forward to playing out my turn for the next two years.

I'd rather we spend a little bit longer finding an equally feisty substitute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
In the mean time, I'm also more than happy to start another PBF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:

me too :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
In the downtime here, do you think you could work on getting the claims added into PBF 12 updates? I'll be home (my) tomorrow just about all day, and trying to work on it then.

Also, I'm willing to wait at least until Monday to find a replacement. I'd also prefer continuing with 4 over taking over his spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Immortalis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Sean was in our High Frontier forum game as well. Does anyone know if he is coming back? Should we start looking for another player as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Drake. I honestly don't know if he's done or not. It appears that way for sure. I have his email address and I'll see if he can tell me what's going on. I personally think you should start looking for another player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Immortalis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stephen. I snagged one of your PBF 12 players!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.