flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3W_PGdokU

And the audio news!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/dicetowernews/DTN178-DiceTowerNews...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing personal but...

quite frankly, The Dice Tower has evolved into the preeminent boardgame review forum that exists today. The co-hosts are some of the best The Dice Tower has ever had and can actually hold their own in terms of being interesting and holding viewer interest along with Tom. This actually enhances Tom and The Dice Tower even further.

The quality of the reviews and the opinions expressed are simply consistently excellent and it is my go to choice for understanding games I'm interested in. I admit I didn't always hold this viewpoint as I believed for a time that Dice Tower reviews were too favorable at a time when the makeup of how games were promoted was completely different than it is today. But it is to Tom's immense credit that his show has evolved and managed to stay current and topical, when burnout could have easily have ruled the day.

And now he is a game designer too. Nothing Personal looks like it could be my type of game. The design seems very good but I can see where Tom would want others to be the judge of it. Props to Steve Avery for the co-design and I loved Tom that brought that point up. I was in a game store in Seattle and people here are definite familiar with the game and its illustrious designer. I'm commenting because its neat to see a former peer become an icon for the industry. Well deserved and I know I look forward to sitting down and playing my first game of Nothing Personal soon.

In short, I see Tom has being very humble but with an evident and proven passion for this hobby.

RB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.