Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Euphoria for the first time last night, 5 players who have all played plenty of Euro games (altho to be fair a number are what would politely be described as "a little slow to make a move").

Rules description was ~30-40 minutes (I was out getting fish & chips for the masses during some of that time). Actual game play took almost exactly 2 hours. Final scores were 10, 9, 8, 8, 8.

I was the "9", and the only one not to activate my dilemma - everyone else took the extra Recruit.

My feeling is that this would be a 90 minute game with 5 experienced players, so perhaps it's 15 minutes, plus 15 minutes per player?

Would love to here how others have found it.

R.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
my group of experienced players play a 4 player game recently
( all new to the game )

excluding rules explanation we finished it in 60mins on the dot. so that was 15mins per player ?
hopefully it stays that way. i would like a quick euro that is playable with multiple players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had my 2nd game a few days back. 2p took around an hour. Plays pretty well with 2.

1st game w 4p took longer. we cut it short as the place we were gaming at was about to close. Think we were around 90 mins in inclusive of rules explanations/clarification. Majority of us had around 7 stars out on the board then.

Gonna have 3rd game tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does the game compare much to Alien Frontiers or Kingsburg?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
does the game compare much to Alien Frontiers or Kingsburg?

I've only played pnp version ship far but i found it to be much heavier than AF. More to manage and i love it for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HHHHH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heavier? really ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heavier than AF? Definitely, but in a good way. The rulebook is only like eight pages, but there are a lot of things going on in this game. The way the different resources and commodities interact, the subtle game of recruits and then the hidden game of everyone trying to activate their second or third recruits. Then you have the markets and their penalties. Look at the first game musings here. This is definitely a game that will take only one play to see whats going on and peek behind the curtain.

While I love AF, for the heavier gamers like myself, I'd probably choose this every time. In a way, this game reminds me of Tzolkin as well. maybe AF and Tzolkins secret love child. My wife still loves AF, even though she liked Euphoria the few times we played the PnP, so Ill keep both. AF is scored mainly be area control, while Euphoria isn't about battling for majority and controlling regions, just getting those control markers down. Aside from dice being your workers, the games don't really have a whole lot in common, and I can say this initially saying to myself when I saw the KS, "I have AF, I don't need that." Then I read the rules.

Quick note to publishers, releasing rules like that will only help your project in the long run. There are some people who pledge who wouldn't have if the rules were available and won't be happy when the game arrives. There are others like me who will be won over by the rules, seeing what sets the game apart. You show confidence in your design by releasing rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HHHHH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like AF but hate Tzolkins very much...I wonder how I would feel about Euphoria ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, we seem to have gotten a lot quicker at this
4-5 player games in an hour or not much more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waynez wrote:
Just had my 2nd game a few days back. 2p took around an hour. Plays pretty well with 2.

1st game w 4p took longer. we cut it short as the place we were gaming at was about to close. Think we were around 90 mins in inclusive of rules explanations/clarification. Majority of us had around 7 stars out on the board then.

Gonna have 3rd game tonight.

Just wanted to add that we had 3 4p games [on the day of my post above] with new players back to back and it never took more than an hour each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great! (right?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our three player game took way longer than 60 mins (probably at least 120 mins), but it sounds like we were just really slow.

Perhaps with more players the tracks advance quicker and the game ends sooner...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.