Subject: Getting Quest Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly never. As you've noted, cycling Quest Cards is underpowered.

I'd consider it only if all my quests are really impossible (some of the expansion ones are really difficult), though in that rare case, I'd probably just ignore quests and focus on military

Maybe the 3-Quest city if you're too far behind on influence and there are no hellhounds in supply...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think in the dozens of plays I've had, the option has maybe been used once or twice, and at this point I can't remember the situation as to why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Never.
If I recall correctly these were originally printed "wrong" in the base game (a bunch of replacements were included in the box) and the "error" had to do with the quest card icon, so I have always suspected quests got a last minute change which is why this option seems so pointless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
korxonthos wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Never.
If I recall correctly these were originally printed "wrong" in the base game (a bunch of replacements were included in the box) and the "error" had to do with the quest card icon, so I have always suspected quests got a last minute change which is why this option seems so pointless.

So, what should be the corrected versions of the city tokens?

Later printings had them corrected. In the original printings, there was an extra cardboard sheet with some corrected components included (the Latari race sheet and the city tiles). I guess they caught the error after printing the originals, but still had time to print corrections.

Later printings probably just had the correct components printed to begin with (including Revised edition).

I'd have to look at the "incorrect" ones, but I thought they were just icon misprints (they showed a picture of the Hero cards instead of the Quest cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
korxonthos wrote:
Does that mean the quest card icons should be something else?

No, if it shows the quest card icon, you have the correct tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Don't worry Zen you have the correct tiles.

sigmazero13 wrote:

I'd have to look at the "incorrect" ones, but I thought they were just icon misprints (they showed a picture of the Hero cards instead of the Quest cards).

Exactly - I don't think it was as much a 'misprint' as it was the quest/hero mechanics were different originally and got changed towards the end of development, and those cities were the "beta rules" ones.

Just speculation on my part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.