BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for a game with some sort of campaign or history rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group, 5 people 90% of time loved playing Risk Legacy and we are currently playing a 15 map season of Formula D (only 6 maps to go). We play other games like King of Tokyo, that new X-Wing game, Marvel's Legendary, etc... But when it comes to games that have a Campaign aspect to it, I feel like it really gives the group a lot of history and we are always looking forward to playing the next game every week.

I was a part of the Kingdom Monster kickstart and I think my group will definitely like the mix of board game/RPG aspect. But we still have a while for that yet.

So, can anyone recommend a game that as a campaign type function like Risk Legacy or a Season scoring system like Formula D to hold us over?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)

From what I know, it has aspects that carry over from session to session. It would require one of the group to act as the Overlord while the rest work to defeat him. So, if your looking for a completely co-op game it wouldn't work.

I don't have the game, yet. It's one I've been looking at recently. Maybe someone who has more experience with it could expand on the "campaign" aspects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mind wargames?? There is a HUGE amount of them being scenario based!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestations is a board game/RPG hybrid you might want to look into.

Blood Bowl: Living Rulebook is absolutely awesome in a campaign setting, but it requires you to buy fairly expensive miniatures and preferably also paint them.

Galaxy Defenders is not quite out yet, but it might be exactly what you are looking for. It is often described as X-Com the board game.

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) is best as a campaign, brilliant game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.