Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there has been a lot of talk about giving the heroes in the box a variety of art and there was something about a print on demand possibility does anyone know if that is still in the works? Also anyone know what is next after spider-man? Avengers maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only people who would know the answers to any of those questions work for Upper Deck. They haven't made any announcements yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that is what I figured. This is a cunning attempt to lure them into a statement....maybe not so cunning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'll find that most companies the size of Upper Deck have a public relations or marketing department, and they tend to announce things when they want to announce them, not when we, the fans, want them to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I rather doubt they'll announce what will come after the Spider-Man expansion until after the Spider-Man expansion has been released.

The GAMA Trade Show takes place in March, 2014. I bet we'll find out then. (That's the trade show we first heard about Dark City and got the first hint about Legendary Encounters: Alien.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
BlueEdwards wrote:
that is what I figured. This is a cunning attempt to lure them into a statement....maybe not so cunning...

You could break into Upper Deck HQ and find out. As long as it doesn't end up being some sort of board game Watergate scandal.

NOTE: This is an attempt at humor... I am in no way advocating any sort of criminal behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
crazedyeti wrote:
NOTE: This is an attempt at humor... I am in no way advocating any sort of criminal behavior.

He isn't speaking for all of us. Please break in and find out what the scoop is for the rest of us!

(and while you're at it, find out about Legendary:Aliens, since they haven't released any info about that since they first announced it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
I would love to see completely revised versions of the original cards. Not just new artwork. Compared to newer characters, the old ones are sometimes underpowered. They have released a second Wolverine, why not release new versions of other characters, too? Revised masterminds would be dope, too. We all agree that the original masterminds were push-overs compared to the ones in the expansions. I actually printed my own versions of the old masterminds and use them. I would love to see official new versions of them. Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Magneto... they are all just too iconic and should be much harder to beat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where I can agree with you that masterminds reprints might be a good idea, I would advise against touching the heroes. I don't get the feeling they are that underpowered compared to newer cards, and there's such a richness in the MU that there is no need to already go and start recycling the original heroes.

Some heroes that need to be made officially;
A: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver (probably will be done after "The Avengers 2" is released), Ms. Marvel (she already has 3 custom versions out there! 4 if you count the dark avengers one), Henry Pym, the Wasp, and Wonder Man (maybe).
X-force: Psylocke, Fantomex (!!!), Warpath
X-men: too many to choose from...
MK: Dr. Strange, Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Spider-man (not exactly necessary, but possible), Black panther (maybe one that is both avenger and MK?)
Young Heroes with a mentor card type to support and boost them?
-Runaways, young avengers, generation hope, young allies, young x-men (students around the House of M event had some nice dynamics going),...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.