Popular Tags: [View All]
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seymon Timoshenko
"Play during an Axis attack". Is a counterblow considered an attack? I think that the card must be played only when a Axis unit attacks during his turn by placing a "Target counter", am I right?

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
maedhros wrote:
Seymon Timoshenko
"Play during an Axis attack". Is a counterblow considered an attack? I think that the card must be played only when a Axis unit attacks during his turn by placing a "Target counter", am I right?

Why wouldn't a counterblow be considered an "attack"?

rules wrote:
[10.0] COMBAT
During a friendly Combat Phase, each unit may participate in an attack against an adjacent hex that is occupied by enemy forces.

A Combat Phase begins with the Phasing, and then the Non-phasing Player declaring all of the hexes that will be attacked, followed by each battle’s resolution.

After the Phasing Player has declared allhis voluntary attacks, the Non-Phasing Player may declare additional target hexes that must be attacked by the Phasing Player that Combat Phase (these are “involuntary attacks” and are called Counterblows).

[10.3.1] Attacker’s Prerogative: The Phasing Player decides which attacking units will attack which Target Hexes, in any combination he desires, as long as all declared Target Hexes are attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Russ is right. You can use that card when a German units ATTACKS in response to a counterblow counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. I see. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.