James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received the base game, character add-on deck and the Skinsaw Murders pack.

The instruction book is a bit vague about initial unpacking and card setup. It makes a brief suggestion to incorporate the character add-on deck immediately.

Does that mean I should combine all like cards from the Base and Character Add on deck and then keep the Adventure Packs separate?

Or can you keep adding the cards from the Packs to create a cumulative creation for play each time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Jones
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Just received the base game, character add-on deck and the Skinsaw Murders pack.

The instruction book is a bit vague about initial unpacking and card setup. It makes a brief suggestion to incorporate the character add-on deck immediately.

Does that mean I should combine all like cards from the Base and Character Add on deck and then keep the Adventure Packs separate?

Or can you keep adding the cards from the Packs to create a cumulative creation for play each time?

Combine base game and character pack. When you finish the three introductory adventure path, you'll start Burnt Offerings (Adventure Pack 1). At that point, you'll shuffle all the AP1 cards into the current set. Once you finish all of AP1, and are ready to start Skinsaw Murders, you'll then shuffle AP2 into everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Base set (B) and char add-on cards (C) go together and stay together. Shuffle in AD 1 cards when you start the RotRL path. Those stay in as long as you are on the RotRL path. Shuffle in AD2 cards when you start that adventure. Those stay in unless you go back to play a scenario from a previous adventure, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses!

Look forward to my first adventure tonight..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved along to Rules.

This way other users with similar questions are more likely to find your thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.