Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Stingel
Australia
Cairns
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming I see the value in a $475 Mine Cart, I'm going to have $75 bonus credit to spend on... what?

I'm already getting a complete second set of miniatures. I can spend $42 on alternate-gender heroes (not a terrible idea) but I don't see the appeal of blank cards or further duplicate heroes, or in another copy of a base game.

Does anyone think any already-in-Mine Cart extras are worth doubling-up on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Zhu
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Blank card would be good for fan made content later. The portals terrain would be good for Arkham Horror gate tokens or any other Cthulhu themed games. The mine entrances seem like they would make good Descent doors or can be used as door ways for any other dungeon crawlers. Extra hero's is always nice for people who want to play the same hero class. Doubling up on some of the add on enemies will let you have a better chance of encountering them, or more than 1 of them at a time. Could be used to make your game harder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
30 mins with a Saloon Girl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not positive until I see what all is available in that credit, but my strong assumption right now is that I'll get blank cards, for personalizing the game with my friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Honestly, I think blank cards are actually one of the most appealing add-ons. I'm particularly surprised there's not more love for them here of all places. This forum is the home of fan-created content for games and with a game of this nature there's loads of room for it. I wish other adventure-type game would make blank cards available. I'd love to have them to create custom scenarios and content for Mansions of Madness for instance.

I remember how much I loved the old Hero Quest adventure design kits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would go for more trederra and lost army figures, possibly serpentmen and lava men if those would be available as addons later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the biggest problem with the current Mine Cart level. There's nothing more that I would want that's not already in the MineCart. So really I just want a $400 pledge, not a $475 + $75 credit.

*If* I do Mine Cart, I would probably just add a second box set of one of the core games and give it to my son.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah,i don't have a pledge yet,but 475 is a lot.And the 75 bonus is useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Rzepka
Poland
Gdynia -> Poznań
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will go with 2-3 additional terrains - but other than that, I have no idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently there is absolutely NOTHING I would care to spend the forced credits on.
I can hardly imagine to be going for custom dice either, so I am really interested in seeing what else turns up on the menu outside the Mine Cart pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the $75 credit is a terrible solution to the Mine Shafting. If I was to Mine Cart - Outlaw is the better option imho - I'd use the credit to get another copy of the game. You'd probably make your money back and then some (on eBay or from trading) before it hits retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yer seems to make more sense to get the Outlaw level and then just add the additions you want. The Minecart level gives me everything I would purchase, so the extra $75 credit is a little useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Irons
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to grab a few extra monster minis for other purposes, especially given overlap of theme with Deadlands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want some extra doors & portals & I'm thinking of a couple of dupes
to custom up as Danites Heroes . But we'll see see once all
the stuff is out.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
When I had a credit, I was looking at:
$10 25/25 Gear Artifacts
$20 100 Encounters
$10 25/25 Targa/Jargono Encounters
$10 25/25 Trederra/Cynder Encounters
$15 25/25/25 Threat cards
$10 Darkness Card Lot

I was leaning towards bumping up normal encounters to 150 and dropping Trederra/Cynder as an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the minecart level includes everything, then there's no real point in adding anything - seriously, I would rather they just gave me $75 back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An extra box set to sell locally and make back some cash.

I'm not at a MC yet, but a friend and I are pondering it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian giese
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at the MC level. Currently I don't see anything that makes that credit worth spending money on. If they don't add something that makes me feel that $75 credit is worth owning at least 2 of something I will drop down to outlaw level.

I'm pretty sure there are others that feel the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soul42 wrote:
I'm at the MC level. Currently I don't see anything that makes that credit worth spending money on. If they don't add something that makes me feel that $75 credit is worth owning at least 2 of something I will drop down to outlaw level.

I'm pretty sure there are others that feel the same way.

That's exactly what I intend to do. Minecart is great if you were lucky enough to get the first EB, but after that it starts to make less sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those seem like somewhat unrelated issues. The credit certainly has few uses, but the MC tier is, at least from my perspective, more about getting everything, at possibly a minor discount. I mean, depending on what combination of stretch goals and add ons we see at retail, as has been pointed out regularly, I highly doubt there'll be 50+ little bits sold separately at stores once this is fully available at retail.

Going down to Outlaw saves a significant sum, but also means potentially spending even more if the goal is to get all of the add ons, or even most of them.

It's less than ideal, and I do think that credit was a poor, messy way to try to fix it, but as it stands in a completionist sense, it is cheaper to stick with an MC7 than to go to Outlaw and buy the add ons individually. Not by a lot, but even if one doesn't care about the credit or duplicate figures, those are extras worthy of consideration on top of those minor savings, even if they just end up on eBay or Craigslist or BGG for trade or sale. Even if it's something you actively dislike, the value isn't actually zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Schneider
Germany
Kamen / Unna
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose one could never have enough doorways and mine terrain things...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think everyone would rather have the 75 dollars, but as it stands.

i was either going to go with some blank cards and doorways and terrain.

or a sample of smaller monsters. for a few extras.

or an extra copy of the game to paint and sell.

or they did mention custom dice for each hero class... may consider that depending on the cost.

or if they allow us to spend it on other FFP products then i will consider that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I decide to jump to the Mine Cart level, I will likely pick up an extra game and trade it away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unsolvable Riddle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
This is the biggest problem with the current Mine Cart level. There's nothing more that I would want that's not already in the MineCart. So really I just want a $400 pledge, not a $475 + $75 credit.

*If* I do Mine Cart, I would probably just add a second box set of one of the core games and give it to my son.

-shnar

+1...very tempted by the game but the lack of gameplay videos and this bonus issue have me holding back a bit.

Extra core set or blank cards are what I'm thinking right now. Can non-US folks use the extra credit for the shipping cost? That would be pretty usefull imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clowntable wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

+1...very tempted by the game but the lack of gameplay videos and this bonus issue have me holding back a bit.

Extra core set or blank cards are what I'm thinking right now. Can non-US folks use the extra credit for the shipping cost? That would be pretty usefull imo.

I want to say this was asked and the answer was no.
It could only be used on addons.

Which I think is an even worse move then just opening more $400 levels and being done with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.