Popular Tags: [View All]
John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The four colored tome/books from AtS have me a bit confused. When I discard to pick up an event from the discard, I must "play as if it were in [my] hand." Does this mean I have to pay the cost listed on the event?

Also, would action windows allow for me to use a Feint, discard, then use the Tactics Tome to pick it back up and feint a second enemy in the same combat phase?

Thanks!
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have never used them, but it seems to me that yes you have to pay for it as if it was on your hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeatGuy wrote:
The four colored tome/books from AtS have me a bit confused. When I discard to pick up an event from the discard, I must "play as if it were in [my] hand." Does this mean I have to pay the cost listed on the event?

Yes, you must pay the cost.

BeatGuy wrote:
Also, would action windows allow for me to use a Feint, discard, then use the Tactics Tome to pick it back up and feint a second enemy in the same combat phase?

Yes. The only Event cards that are not playable are Response cards. This is because the books are Actions, which can't be triggered as a Response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdmiralACF wrote:

Yes. The only Event cards that are not playable are Response cards. This is because the books are Actions, which can't be triggered as a Response.

In particular, if you're running a mono-spirit deck, you won't be able to use a tome to play A Test of Will or Hasty Stroke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.