Subject: Strategy for Beginners (Unit Positioning) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. I just learned this fine game last night. I've played a lot of CDGs and a few squad-level games, but this isn't like any of them. I know tht in my first play I was thinking a bit too mic in the mindset of Commands and Colors, and my Russians lost 8-12 to the US.

Can anyone provide some basic strategy tips for this game as far as unit positioning goes? I understand that deck cycling is good and that attacks that have the potential to kill units are preferable, but what kinds of formations should one utilize? I found myself fine in casualties but greatly outmaneuvered when nightfall rolled around. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the forward 8 spaces in a line if possible. Often i will sacrifice a forward start spot in favor of terrain. Terrain is your friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
keep cavalry in behind or in between infantry for quick support. Nothing better than having infantry all set up and the cavalry moves in for the kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.