3 Posts

The Napoleonic Wars (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about voluntary submission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JL Meseguer
Spain
flag msg tools
The rules say (point 15.4) "an invading Nation and his Allies has more Forces occupying the invaded Power’s Duchies than the invaded Power has in play".

Now, I understand that Forces mean (Glossary, page 4) Units, leaders and Flags, and that there are inherent Flags on each Duchy controlled by a nation (Glossary, Flag entry).

The questions:
1. Which Duchies should be considered for voluntary Submission? All those controlled by a player?
2. Which Forces can be considered from the invaded Power? All their flags?

As an example, if Britain wants to submit, do the Duchies in Ireland (4 duchies) or in Italy/Iberia count as Forces for the purpose of the above count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Riediger
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Alex crossing the Jaxartes... tricky endeavour.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am not a Nappy-Guru, but I would say that flags in terms of forces are only actual tokens, not spaces which a power controls as "home duchies". The reason of this rule to my mind is: If there are more troops around than you have to defend yourself, you might want to consider to submit.

Cheers, Olav

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Kosarev
Russia
Lyubertsy
Moscovskaya oblast
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!
Good Question!
About inherent flags please look here
http://www.gmtgames.com/nnnw/2nd_Edition_TNW_Card_Clarificat...
-----
Peninsular Campaign
[I]nherent flags such as those in Gibraltar, Lisbon and Oporto DO count as enemy Forces for purposes of the
Spanish Reserve die roll.

[To account for other effects of this ruling] the next version of the Living Rules should insert "or Inherent Flags in
the invaded Powers" at the end of the second sentence of 15.4 for Submission. -DG

-----

So, as I understand sentence should be rewriten as:

A Player Power may offer Submission if, at the end of any Impulse, an invading Nation and his Allies has more Forces occupying the invaded Power’s Duchies than the invaded Power has in play (not counting those in Regroup or on Foreign War cards or Inherent Flags in the invaded Powers).

Cheers,

Sergey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.