4 Posts

Nations» Forums » Rules

Subject: retiring Advisors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
p socialworkdad
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Can you only retire an advisor by acquiring a new one or can you choose to discard your current advisor whenever you want? I had a situation where Buddha was my advisor but I desperately needed not to have to skip my first action each turn. No advisors came out to purchase so I was stuck with him for another round. If I had been able to retire him and leave the advisor slot empty I would have been happier!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Hannula
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
People often claim to hunger truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up. - George R.R. Martin
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. I think that it isn't possible because it is not stated in the rules but it would make sense thematically
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can not discard an advisor. Some events depend on that fact as well.They represent direction of government rather than an actual person, asthey can stay for thousands of years...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p socialworkdad
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the responses! Rustan, that is how I thought it should be played but I wanted to check. Excellent game by the way; so glad I picked up a copy at Essen!
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.