Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
We played 5 three-player games today, the last one lasting two and a half hours. It was a ridiculously fun back-and-forth struggle that ended in a climactic engagement, which happened fittingly over Titania.
This is the opening build I used when I was lucky enough to get Teknalia in the last game, which allowed me to capture 3 planets in a row with little difficulty; I lost in the end, but I believe this build is viable in long games.
--turn 1, 2000c
Construct 4 Refineries
--turn 2, 2800c
Sell 1 Refinery
Construct 1 Laboratory
--turn 3, 3850c
Sell 1 Refinery
Construct 1 Laboratory, 2 Destroyers, 1 Minefield, 6 Armor
--turn 4, 1850c+
Sell 1 Refinery
Construct 1 Laboratory, 1 Destroyer, 2 Armor, 1 Blast shield

Note, that this is an extremely passive opening, requiring the player to give up the first 2 planets. A slightly more conventional opening can be used to achieve a similar result:
--turn 1, 2000c
Construct 3 Refineries, 1 Lab, 1 Cruiser, 1 Fighter, 1 Minefield
--turn 2, 1600c+
Sell 1 Refinery
Free up unit slot, if necessary
Construct 1 Lab, 1 Destroyer
--turn 3, 1600c+
Sell 1 Refinery
Construct 1 Lab, 1 Destroyer, 1 Spaceport if necessary (otherwise 1 Blast shield, 1 Hyperdrive, 1+ Armor(s)

It's worth mentioning that Destructive fire loses effectiveness when Magnetic targets and Evasion become available; the point of the build order is to get to 3 armoured Destroyers fast, but at some point you will need to transition into a more diverse fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.