• [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
As someone whose favorite Magic card is Shaharazad, this card had a lot to live up to, and I don't think it does. The fact that one of the 4 cards it's designed to synergize with actually becomes useless if hosted on it is a pretty major ding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:
Much flavor. Many letters. So money.

Wow. Much insight. So included. Many hosting. Wow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Edwards
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
Have you seen McCaffrey make love to this card?

SheHasVeryHard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:

wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Dragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
As someone whose favorite Magic card is Shaharazad, this card had a lot to live up to, and I don't think it does. The fact that one of the 4 cards it's designed to synergize with actually becomes useless if hosted on it is a pretty major ding.

Which card becomes useless when hosted on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Death Dragon wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:

Which card becomes useless when hosted on it?

A Rook hosted on Scheherazade has no legal piece of Ice to be moved to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Edwards
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:

Rook's text reads: [Click]: Host Rook on a piece of ice not hosting a Caïssa. If already hosted, Rook can be hosted only on ice protecting this server or on ice in the same position (counting from the innermost spot) protecting another server.
The rez cost of each piece of ice protecting this server is increased by 2.

The 'if already hosted' condition applies to rook being hosted on a piece of ice, not Scheherazade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Robotron5673 wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:

Rook's text reads: [Click]: Host Rook on a piece of ice not hosting a Caïssa. If already hosted, Rook can be hosted only on ice protecting this server or on ice in the same position (counting from the innermost spot) protecting another server.

The 'if already hosted' condition applies to rook being hosted on a piece of ice, not Scheherazade.

That's the intent, sure, but unfortunately it's not what the card says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The anti-synergy with Rook (and potentially all Caissa) is a known issue with Scheherazade. I've got a rules inquiry pending with FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
Robotron5673 wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:

That's the intent, sure, but unfortunately it's not what the card says.

This is, sadly, correct, and why Pawn was errata'd. I fully expect we'll see errata or an FAQ entry to support the same interpretation for all Caissa in future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Searfoss
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote myself from another thread:

I wrote:
While at World's, I asked Lukas about this.

His response was: "Doesn't really work".

So nothing official, but I am assuming there will be no errata, and that installing Caissa on Scheherazade is likely a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Edwards
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime, I will be using Scheherazade, installing Ciassa programs on it, and then hosting those caissa programs on ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Robotron5673 wrote:
In the meantime, I will be using Scheherazade, installing Ciassa programs on it, and then hosting those caissa programs on ice.

Cool, while you're doing that I'll not tell the Corp when I access a Snare! off the top of R&D because ignoring the rules text on cards is an awesome way to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
Ugh. I already thought Cassia was on the backfoot as far as power level and this just adds to the injury. Hopefully they'll give it some errata so Scheherazade is worth playing.

It's unique even... ugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is "cassia" the new "dues x"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnamon is delicious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Why do so many people think that the purpose of Scheherazade is to work with Caissa? It is to get a dollar return on any program you install, for the added risk of having everything trashed with one "Trash one program" subroutine.

I think it is specifically made to NOT work with Caissa. Wishing a combo works doesn't mean that it does or should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
*checks Shaharazad card* Ouch! That's... yikes.

Now, assuming you're referring to Caïssa programs, that's a pretty big assumption. Nothing on Scheherazade indicates that she synergises with Caïssa specifically or at all! Any program can be hosted on this, and powers up. In fact, I'd say the Professor loves this card as much needed economy card in his decks (but also makes all his programs vulnerable to a single Aggro Secretary).

Neksol wrote:
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:

I see this meme online.
I feel left out.
Illuminate me, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solidhavok wrote:
Why do so many people think that the purpose of Scheherazade is to work with Caissa? It is to get a dollar return on any program you install, for the added risk of having everything trashed with one "Trash one program" subroutine.

I think it is specifically made to NOT work with Caissa. Wishing a combo works doesn't mean that it does or should.

It doesn't provide MU. What else would you use it for, virii?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Neksol wrote:
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:

I see this meme online.
I feel left out.
Illuminate me, please?

Doge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
roborob wrote:
solidhavok wrote:

Seeing as it doesn't take memory itself, perhaps useful with an identity that wants to rapidly change programs in and out? Say, perhaps, a Professor of some sort?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rognik wrote:
roborob wrote:
solidhavok wrote:

Seeing as it doesn't take memory itself, perhaps useful with an identity that wants to rapidly change programs in and out? Say, perhaps, a Professor of some sort?

Yeah, I get that. I havn't played enough with it. How many credits do make on average with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
roborob wrote:

Viruses. Imps, Gormans, etc. Anything you don't mind losing or selling to Aesop. Faerie, also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
etherial wrote:
roborob wrote:

Viruses. Imps, Gormans, etc. Anything you don't mind losing or selling to Aesop. Faerie, also.

Femme Fatale or Cyber-cypher - anything you might Scavenge to re-target. Granted, that's a bit more niche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.