Johnny
msg tools
It's all in the title really.

Are banished cards unavailable when rebuilding your deck after a completed scenario?

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's gone.

Unless you encounter it again from location exploration. : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Gone. Like you never had it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, otherwise it would basically be the same as a buried card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
msg tools
Ok. That's what I feared.

You learn by your misstakes I guess. xD

To refill my deck to the required amount I just add any of the cards listed in the basic list then? Is that any card on that list of my choice?

E.g. if I don't have 2 out of 3 possible I can pick any out of the two I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djannih wrote:
Ok. That's what I feared.

You learn by your misstakes I guess. xD

To refill my deck to the required amount I just add any of the cards listed in the basic list then? Is that any card on that list of my choice?

E.g. if I don't have 2 out of 3 possible I can pick any out of the two I'm missing?

Yes, just pick any card type that you are missing from the box that have the Basic trait. : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sincerely hope that it wasn't the Holy Candle, Sabertooth Tiger, or some other über card. If so...sorry, man cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Dib
msg tools
pcichigo wrote:
Yes, it's gone.

Thanks for clarifying this, as I had been playing this slightly wrong. It certainly makes banishing a more weighty decision!

However, just to clarify, if I understand it correctly, there is one edge case where the banished card could return to your hand after the scenario - take Caltrops, a basic card as an example. If I banish this, and in the rest of the scenario, none of the characters pick up another item, then presumably I *could* take the Caltrops back out of the box at the end. I can't see anything in the rules that would prevent this, although arguably it is against the spirit of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
domdib wrote:
pcichigo wrote:
Yes, it's gone.

Thanks for clarifying this, as I had been playing this slightly wrong. It certainly makes banishing a more weighty decision!

However, just to clarify, if I understand it correctly, there is one edge case where the banished card could return to your hand after the scenario - take Caltrops, a basic card as an example. If I banish this, and in the rest of the scenario, none of the characters pick up another item, then presumably I *could* take the Caltrops back out of the box at the end. I can't see anything in the rules that would prevent this, although arguably it is against the spirit of the rules.

That situation is very much within the spirit of the rules, as it only applies to cards with the Basic trait. I believe many people intentionally put basic divine spells in their Arcane spellcaster's deck and then intentionally DON'T acquire new spells so they can pull the card back out of the box after they have to banish it (for not having the Divine trait).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.