Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen McHale
United States
Falling Waters
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game the other night and I am not sure if we were doing things correctly. I will attempt is ask in a general way as to avoid any spoilers in the question or possible answers, thanks for your help.

1. Is every creature that appears considered to be a monster?

2. There are a lot of monster tokens and in our scenario they never came into play, in this just scenario specific? In other words are there some where lots of monsters appear and some that none appear?

Hope those questions make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each scenario will use a selection of the available tokens, not all of them.

Creature tokens are usually monsters, though there are other 'entities' such as the Madman, the Girl and the Dog that are Omens, etc. and would not be considered 'monsters' per any scenario rules (unless explicitly defined in the Haunt guide for that Haunt)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Falling Waters
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
Each scenario will use a selection of the available tokens, not all of them.

Is it conceivable that a scenario only uses one? That is what happened in our first game but I was not the "evil one" so I don't want to look to see if she played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some scenarios use no creature tokens at all. It's conceivable that some use only one, especially if they are the larger creature tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven W
Canada
flag msg tools
I just got this game, our first game had a rough outcome for the one who was the traitor.

It was a hidden traitor scenario, and the person who got the token was under the effect of "lights out" and could only move one tile per turn... we had the game wrapped up in 4-5 turns from the start of the haunt... bad luck can make or break this one I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.