Mascarade» Forums » General

Subject: Recommended Combinations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladislav Goldakovsky
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
I'm really curious about how these were developed. And please don't say "through playtesting" . If designer would like to share with us some insights behind "Thief recommended only with 4,7, 13 players" and "Spy being good with 7, but not with 8 or 9 players", that would be really awesome.
That'll also be a great help to get deeper understanding of a game and useful in constructing our own presets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all well and good, but what if the answer truly is "thorough play testing"? Should he make something up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
I don't remember everything, and the setup table was modified several times when I exchanged emails with the publisher. They were testing in belgium, I was testing in France, and we didn't always agree.

I think the reason for removing the Spy with 8 and 9 players was that we thought the Fool was more fun once the two peasants were 7, and disappeared again with more players because it is less powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.