7 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Game Scenario : You are HB Trap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I lost a game and I think this turn was the turning point. What are your moves for the next few turns:

RUNNER BOARD: (Whizard)
2 Credits
1 Liberated Acounts with 3 uses left
1 Djinn
1 Data Sucker with 3 counters (on Djinn)
1 Medium with 1 counter (on Djinn)
1 Imp (not on Djinn, and fully loaded)
5 mystery cards in hand
1 Morningstar in play

SCORED AGENDAS:
1 Gila Hands Scored when it had no counters on it. Was behind an Ichi. All clicks were spent to break Ichi and score gila.

Runner has mentioned cyberfeeder and admitted he is running more than the deck minimum. He is also playing very slow and conservatively mentioning that he lost to SE in the previous round.

CORP BOARD: (HB, 1c for 1st install)

You're sitting somewhere around 8 credits. Heimdall 2.0 and Janus 1.0 are in your deck somewhere but have been no shows so far.

*Archives - This is full of stuff, but no agendas. A few face down cards. Notable cards in archives right now are:
-- Cerebral overrider, which he trashed from your hand.
-- Cerebral overrider, which sat on the board with one counter and he didn't run it. (You replaced it with an agenda that you scored, we'll get to that below)
-- Hedge Fund
-- Green Level Clearance
-- Biotic Labor
-- There's a face down ice you didn't feel was worth it (I think its an eli)
-- Archives is protected by Hourglass, unrezzed.

Archives has been run once before to see a discarded card, but that was before you iced it. You iced it to tax the data sucker runs.

*R&D - R&D has been largely ignored except for the one run for a Medium counter (The runner saw Restructure). You have a rezzed wall of static that prompted Morning Star to come down on the last turn. So R&D pressure is looking like it might become a thing.

*HQ - You have a Victor 2.0 protecting HQ unrezzed. In your hand is the following:
-- Neural Emp
-- Victor 2.0
-- Efficiency Commitee
-- Restructure (fixed)
-- Snare

*REMOTE #1
-- Protected by a rezzed Ichi
-- Contains Adonis with 3 counters

*REMOTE #2
-- Snare, face down

*REMOTE #3
-- Jackson Face Down

*SCORED AGENDAS
-- A project vitruvius with 2 counters on it.

Your end game is usually a Neural Emp Win, but that isn't looking likely as you haven't landed brain damage and your opponent is willing to click through most of the nasty stuff. You also haven't seen a false lead yet, which can lead to brain damage or program destruction.

Your opponent ends his turn and you draw a Neural Emp, bringing the total Neural Emp count to 2. What do you do?

Next Few Turns & End Game
Spoiler (click to reveal)

I didn't clear virus counters, which I think I should have done. Instead I installed something for a credit took a credit and played restructuring.

The next turn he ran HQ and imped a neural emp out of hand. He never dipped below 5 cards after that.

I put an hourglass on on R&D. He hit my snare and eventually exposed the hourglass, which I never rezzed as he always ran on his last click. He won using medium, getting my only two Priority Reqs off the top of my deck.

By the time I figured out what I wanted to do it was too late. I had my efficiency comittee down with a counter on it ready to score the next turn and biotic my way to victory. I did manage to score another vitruvius first. I was 4 turns away from a win, and not clearing virus counters probably defeated me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kern
msg tools
Thia problem is to complex to answer. The deck is unusual and the board state has to much uncertainty. I think I would have just gained creds and restructured in a vacuum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Weirich
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:

*R&D - R&D has been largely ignored except for the one run for a Medium counter (The runner saw Corporate Restructuring). You have a rezzed wall of static that prompted Morning Star to come down on the last turn. So R&D pressure is looking like it might become a thing.

*HQ - You have a Victor 2.0 protecting HQ unrezzed. In your hand is the following:
-- Neural Emp
-- Victor 2.0
-- Efficiency Commitee
-- Corporate Restructuring
-- Snare

[/o]

There is no card Corporate Restructuring, what card are you referring to? Corporate Troubleshooter? or Restructure? I would have guess he would have trashed Troubleshooter, but he was very low on credits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
HotsauceWally wrote:
gumOnShoe wrote:

*R&D - R&D has been largely ignored except for the one run for a Medium counter (The runner saw Corporate Restructuring). You have a rezzed wall of static that prompted Morning Star to come down on the last turn. So R&D pressure is looking like it might become a thing.

-- Neural Emp
-- Victor 2.0
-- Efficiency Commitee
-- Corporate Restructuring
-- Snare

[/o]

There is no card Corporate Restructuring, what card are you referring to? Corporate Troubleshooter? or Restructure? I would have guess he would have trashed Troubleshooter, but he was very low on credits

Restructure, fixing above.

Limitless333 wrote:
Thia problem is to complex to answer. The deck is unusual and the board state has to much uncertainty. I think I would have just gained creds and restructured in a vacuum.

Well here's the whole deck list:

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
2x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
3x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)
3x False Lead (A Study in Static)
2x Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control)
1x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)

Asset (13)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
1x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set)
3x Snare! (Core Set) •••••• (6)
3x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••• (3)

Operation (13)
3x Archived Memories (Core Set)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set) •••••• (6)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static)
1x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (5)
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
1x Heimdall 2.0 (Creation and Control)

Code Gate (4)
2x Hourglass (A Study in Static)
2x Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control)

Sentry (3)
2x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
1x Janus 1.0 (What Lies Ahead)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Silver
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
C'mon You Loons!
badge
United FC! -----------The Team for Me! ---- Minnesota! ----------- L-O-V-E! -------------
mbmbmbmbmb
I replace the Wall of Static on R&D with Victor 2.0, gain a credit, Restructure, say go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
You're sitting somewhere around 8 credits

*REMOTE #1

Your opponent ends his turn and you draw a Neural Emp, bringing the total Neural Emp count to 2. What do you do?

This is confusing. Do you have 8 credits before or after the start of turn? Does Adonis have 3 credits before or after the start of turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
mplain wrote:
gumOnShoe wrote:
You're sitting somewhere around 8 credits

*REMOTE #1

This is confusing. Do you have 8 credits before or after the start of turn? Does Adonis have 3 credits before or after the start of turn?

You have 5 credits, but the adonis will tick you up to 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.